Clerical Officer - #981097
Apple Recruitment are recruiting for a Clerical Officer on behalf of the NI Assembly.
Staff at this level could be appointed to any of the offices within the organisation and may subsequently be transferred to other business areas as required.
Main duties and responsibilities of the job:
· Providing high quality customer service to a diverse range of customers, both internal and external.
· Managing own work to ensure the delivery of objectives.
· Providing accurate information in a professional and helpful manner by referring to organisational policies and procedures.
· Providing high quality and timely administrative support where required, for example filing and photocopying, diary management etc.
· Inputting data and maintaining a range of databases, spreadsheets and electronic filing systems to aid the storage and retrieval of electronic documents.
· Recording and distribution of correspondence, emails, incoming mail / post, monitoring and managing electronic mailboxes and dealing with routine correspondence accurately and promptly and forwarding to relevant staff as appropriate.
· Organising and providing support to meetings, events and visits including issuing papers, ordering hospitality, meeting and greeting external visitors and officials, and responding to any housekeeping queries that they may have e.g. the format of the meeting.
· Recording information to support the production of minutes and draft minutes e.g. timings of each agenda item and attendance of witnesses.
· Assisting in gathering and collating information.
· Effectively using Microsoft Office and bespoke internal Assembly software systems and databases to prepare documents.
· Maintaining hard copy and electronic information systems to ensure a clear and organised file of all correspondence, papers, minutes, agendas.
· Checking and processing invoices for payment through electronic payment system.
· Complying with all Assembly Commission’s staff policies and procedures including Equal Opportunities and Dignity at Work policies and procedures.
· Carrying out other duties that the Assembly Commission reasonably requires of you.
If you wish to apply or would like more information, please email your CV in Microsoft word format to Caroline by clicking on the link below by 10am on Tuesday 13th February 2024. You must
also include a bullet pointed synopsis at the top of your CV demonstrating how exactly you meet the Essential Criteria below:
Applicants must, by the closing date for applications, have:
1. GCE ‘A’ level grade A*-C in 2 separate subjects and 5 GCSEs grade A*-C including English Language and Mathematics. Applications will be considered from applicants with formal qualifications of an equivalent or higher standard to those stated.
2. At least 2 years’ experience in an administrative role of:
a) Using effective oral and written skills to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people at all levels, including team members, members of the public, customers and managers.
b) Organising workload and giving attention to detail to produce accurate, high quality work to deadlines.
c) Effectively using Microsoft Office to prepare documents and respond to correspondence.
3. At least 4 years’ experience in an administrative role of a) – c).
· Hourly Rate based on £26,691 per annum
· Up to 3 months with possibility of extension
· Closing date for CV submission to Apple: 10am on Tuesday 13th February 2024
If you wish to apply or would like more information, please email your CV in Microsoft word format to Caroline by clicking on the link below by 10am on Tuesday 13th February 2024.
Applicants must ensure their CV is accurate and up to date. The CV should include your full employment history inclusive of dates, all academic achievements and full personal contact details.
Please note only applicants that match this criteria can be considered for the role.
Apple Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Apple Recruitment Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer.