Occupational Health Technician - #979526
Gaia Recruitment LTD
Occupational Health Technician - Must have full clear uk drivers licence
We are seeking Occupational Health Technician's to join our client's expanding peripatetic team.
The successful applicant will be required to travel throughout the UK driving a Mobile Medical Unit (MMU) to client sites in order to deliver health surveillance services. The successful applicant must have the facility to park the unit at or near their home address overnight and be comfortable with the travel required for the role which will include regular overnight stays.
This is a full-time role where the successful applicant will work 37.5 hours per week, usually between the hours of 8.30am and 5.00pm. There will be a requirement for candidates to stay away from home frequently and the travel will be expected throughout the UK.
You will be away from home 70% of your time, you will be home for weekends and travel to and from site are included in your work hours. You will work with a wide range of clients and your appointments will be anything from 15 minutes to 90 minutes.
You will receive up to six weeks training, there is in role development and the opportunity to develop your career further.
What we offer
- Competitive annual salary dependent on qualifications and experience
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Starting on 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays which increases with length of service
- Discounted Gym membership
- Cycle to work schemes
- Full access to discounts on Perkbox
- Opportunity for Career development
- Access to Vitality Health
Day to Day
- Undertake health surveillance screening, including audiometry, lung function testing, drug and alcohol testing and general baseline measurements such as height, weight, blood pressure, urinalysis
- Provide support to the whole occupational health team in helping the department to run smoothly and effectively.
- Sound educational background including a good standard of numeracy and written English
- The ability to work autonomously with support from line management and others within the team
- Demonstrates a proactive approach to work
- Possess solid IT skills
- Possess strong self-awareness and a sense of respect for others
- Demonstrate a strong customer service focus and approachability when holding assessments
- A team player who is supportive of their colleagues and promotes a positive working environment
Your Background to include at least one of the below:
- Graduate from Sports Science degrees
- Health Care Assistant in a Primary Care setting or an acute hospital setting
- Military Medic
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £24,000.00-£26,000.00 per year
- Life insurance
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Do you have a background in Health or a Science degree?
- Bachelor's (preferred)
- United Kingdom (required)
Willingness to travel:
- 100% (required)
Work Location: On the road