Sales and Opportunity Manager - Cruise and Ferry - #978131
Reports to: H&W Director of Strategic Bids
We’re looking for sales and bid leadership experience from an engineering background. At a very exciting time to join H&W, this role is vital to the continued growth and success of the Ship Repair function in Harland & Wolff.
Provide full opportunity life-cycle management regarding Ship Repair leads, opportunities and tenders for our Belfast Delivery Centre.
Interaction, management and influencing of clients, suppliers and internal functions (production, engineering, commercial, sales, estimating, bids, finance etc.) in order to manage the full portfolio of Ship Repair from initial enquiry/lead to contract award.
Opportunity life-cycle management and governance. Implementation of the Sales and Bid management procedure, Initial bid/no-bid through to bid generation/sign-off and final contract approval in a fast-paced environment.
Prioritisation techniques and matrix management of direct and indirect resources in order to meet required pricing/bid response deadlines and achieve the desired outcomes of the sales process including the support of sales targets and strategies by the creation of winning submissions.
Advance handover of project/contract requirements to Ship Repair production and purchasing team to ensure repeatable high quality project execution.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Demonstrate figurehead behaviours and support robust bid management execution of target Ship Repair opportunities and tenders to meet agreed annual revenue and growth targets;
- Own and maintain a dynamic Ship Repair bid tender register, linked to and fully integrated with the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool that indicates real-time updates of complex and lengthy bid returns (assume £MM value complex projects);
- As required, support international opportunities for the remote Harland & Wolff teams in the US and globally with resources planning oversight;
- Expert decomposition of all Ship Repair tenders to compile a book plan, with executive summary to brief the wider business to the tender timeline and objectives;
- Outstanding functional (matrix-management) liaison with functional, department and project heads to identify and secure the bid resources needed to execute successful tender returns;
- Lead pricing & estimating, planning, technical and commercial resources through the opportunity lifecycle;
- Superior bid management chairmanship, influencing and motivating skills from kick-off meeting, through blue/red/black/green/pink team progressive reviews, culminating in Board-level approvals (below <£1M Delivery Centre thresholds and >£MM strategic value opportunities);
- With Sales and Commercial support, Client focal for all pricing, contractual/commercial queries, contract generation and negotiation.
- With support from Bid Management/Coordination, bid writing as required, generation and review of Bid Offer letters and strategic bid documentation.
- Play a leadership role in developing and improving the business’ safety and quality culture and contribute towards the completion of agreed audits and reviews;
- Manage designated Ship Repair functional bid budgets in line with agreed bid targets, and;
- Champion wider business specific activities as deemed appropriate by the H&W Sales/BD Director Cruise & Ferry Programmes to help achieve H&W Group growth objectives.
- Proven Technical / Operational delivery acumen
- Very good familiarity of various commercial marine contract constructs
- Sound financial & literary skills and knowledge; and
- Strong influencing & relationship building skills
- Competitive base salary
- Company pension
- 33 days holiday
- Life Assurance
- L&D opportunities
- On-site parking
If you experience difficulties or are unable to apply for a role on-line please contact us at (url removed) and one of the team will be in contact to help you.