Controls Enhancement Implementation Lead - #977443
Overview of Citi:
Citi is a world-leading global bank. We have approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. We provide consumers, corporations, governments, and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. We enable clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
Citi Belfast is one of the largest employers in Northern Ireland with a diverse and talented team of over 3000 people from over 40 different nationalities across our four Belfast offices.
We are the only global investment bank operating in Northern Ireland. Every day, our local experts interact with global teams in over 100 countries developing and supporting next-generation technology solutions for the enterprise and delivering critical services to the bank and its customers, to make sure we are a stronger and safer organization for our clients.
You will have a truly global reach, which will provide you with new experiences and development opportunities right here in Belfast’s iconic Titanic Quarter.
Role / Team Overview:
The Client organisation was established to drive enterprise-wide approaches to client coverage, identifying and filling in gaps or reducing duplication to ensure consistency throughout the firm. Additionally, it plays a leading role coordinating the allocation of capital and other financial, technology and human resources towards the client segments with the best returns potential. Finally, it is responsible for managing wholesale credit and counterparty risk for the organisation
This role will report into the In-Business Central Controls & Enhancement Lead in Client organisation and will focus on projects to build or enhance the control framework and becoming the subject matter expert in specific areas. This also includes assisting in the development of strategic solutions to address any deficiencies in the wider Client monitoring controls framework (e.g., RCSA/MCA, Issues Management) and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and with firm Policy and Standards globally.
Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual.
This is an exciting opportunity for a practically minded professional with a solid understanding of credit risk controls and a keen interest to make a difference in a fast paced and many times uncertain environment.
- Facilitate implementation of key Business Controls within the MCA framework
- Planning, testing and monitoring of key controls which have been identified for each product line and document results / reports on findings.
- Develop analytics and reporting to track effectiveness of process and identify potential process improvements
- Provide thought leadership in continually reviewing process and identifying improvements
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Support the team on key initiatives and requirements that collectively cover execution, oversight, and reporting of Operational Risk activities
- Influences others through communication and diplomacy skills
- Support projects for key controls such as: Models, Mandatory Absence, EUCs, Cross Border Data Clearance, etc.
- Evaluate and support end to end control implementation for key controls across the organisation
- Assist with identifying best practices and centralisation of control
- Assist with implementing solutions to improve control effectiveness
- Ensure a culture of accountability, integrity, and respect
- Facilitate and lead cross-functional meetings
- Contribute to developing enhancements of workflows
- Additional duties as assigned
- Must have analytical inquisitiveness and problem-solving and ability to ask insightful questions, break analytical and business challenges into workable components and draw meaningful conclusions.
- Highly intellectual in character requiring exercise of discretion and judgment.
- Must be flexible to adapt to the changing needs of the organization during the different phases of Citi’s Transformation.
- Demonstrated ability to be detail-oriented and manage multiple competing priorities including emerging risks to deliver solutions in an effective control environment.
- Ability to collaborate with others to achieve business objectives; Must be able to work with multi-disciplinary teams from different regions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior management within CAO and cross functional organizations, particularly with people from different geographies and cultures.
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Experience with work-flow systems
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Outstanding relationship building and relationship management skills
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on MS Excel
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
What we Offer
We work hard to have a positive financial and social impact on the communities we serve. In turn, we put our employees first and provide the best-in-class benefits they need to be well, live well and save well.
We’ll provide you with the resources to meet your unique needs, empower you to make healthy decisions, and allow you to choose which benefits suit you and your personal life best.
Visit our Global Benefits page to learn more.
Highlights to our core benefits include:
- Award winning pension
- On-site health services
- Private medical insurance packages to suit your personal circumstances
- Paid parental leave
- Generous holiday allowance starting at 27 Days plus bank holidays; increasing with tenure
Citi Belfast also champions diversity within our workforce, which helps us be well and live well together. We have over 40 different nationalities in our Northern Ireland offices, are a vocal supporter of LGBTQ+ rights, and are proud to have 47% of our leadership team made up of individuals who identify as women.
We encourage and lead inclusivity through our Pride, Disability, Multicultural, Families Matter, and Women affinity networks that are run by and for, Citi Belfast colleagues; providing them with the support they need in their personal and professional journeys and supplying them with the tools to help educate colleagues on all things related to each network to help us work better together.
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Business Risk & Control
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting