Senior Financial Analyst (12 month contract) - #976806
Allen & Overy
Senior Financial Analyst (12 month contract)
United Kingdom - Belfast
Hybrid (combination of office & remote working)
Senior Financial Analyst
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Financial Analyst to join the Belfast Finance team.
The Belfast Finance department provides services to the A&O network of offices covering business partnering, management accounting, statutory reporting, working capital control, accounts payable and tax. Offices currently served are London, Belfast, US, South Africa, Dubai, Israel, France, Luxembourg, Belgium, Netherlands and Germany. This role will sit within the Finance Business Partnering team and will be responsible for financial support provided to support functions such as Business Services, Library and the Shared Service Function (SSF), and will have one direct report. There is a strong client service ethic within the team and we pride ourselves on the high quality of work provided to the departments we support.
Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. We help clients address complex and important challenges and we're respected for our innovation and quality of work. Our culture is inclusive, collaborative, and high-performance, and we nurture an environment where you can belong and excel.
What you will do
Act as business partner for the Associated Director, department Heads and Managers of the Business Services team in London to understand their financial and operational objectives and provide financial analysis, insight and recommendations to support decision making;
Complete the monthly management reporting of performance against budget including presentation to senior management and collaborate with department managers to identify opportunities to improve financial performance and drive cost savings;
Ensure budget holders and managers have an awareness of financial performance requirements, including the need for budgetary control and adherence to accounting policies, and to provide financial awareness training where necessary;
Stay up to date with industry and market trends, and provide insights to the business on potential impact.
Project manage the budget, forecasting and investment planning process for support departments in London and Belfast. Ensuring the budgets are prepared in line with the centrally agreed budget guidance and presented to senior management for timely signoff;
Work closely with other Finance teams such as Management Accounting and Accounts Payable to ensure accurate financial reporting.
Preparation of prepayment and accrual schedules for the month end close.
Support in the development and maintenance of financial policies and procedures to ensure compliance with internal controls and regulations.
Manage the correct allocation of complex supplier charges in line with forecasts, ensuring this is completed in a timely manner.
Act as the interface with the property management firm, ensuring timely information sharing regarding management of sub tenant processes.
Responsible for the annual subtenant budgeting process, the reporting of actual costs throughout the year as well as the project management of the yearend audit.
Ensure processes and internal controls are documented, follow best practice and are continually improved, assisting the Sr Finance Manager to plan and implement changes as appropriate;
What you will have
Degree in finance, accounting or related field.
Professional accounting qualification, with a thorough understanding of property accounting.
Experience of working with non-Finance stakeholders.
Ability to deliver high quality client service by building strong trusted advisor relationships with clients and senior management;
Good communicator, being able to tailor conversations to non-financial orientated individuals/teams;
Ability to work independently and prioritise multiple projects
What we can offer you
At Allen & Overy, we recognise that our people are our most valuable asset, which is reflected in the wide range of benefits that are available to our employees. Some of these benefits include: our occupational pension scheme, group income protection cover, mental health resources and free apps, health and wellbeing services encompassing including GP service, emergency back-up care support, parental and special leave, online discounts and lifestyle management services.
Allen & Overy recognises the value of flexible working and embraces hybrid working, allowing our people to work from home up to 40% of their working time. We do however remain committed to working together in person for the remaining 60% of time so that we can learn, grow and succeed together.
Please note this role is based in the A&O Belfast office, with an onsite presence required in line with our hybrid working policy.