Foreman HGV Workshop - #976475
Gus Commercials T/A Radius Vehicle Solutions
Role - HGV Workshop Foreman
Location - 22 Central Park, Mallusk, Newtownabbey BT36 4FS
Salary - £45,000 PA
Hours : Standard hours - Monday to Friday 07.30am to 17.00pm, with alternate Saturdays currently worked - 8.00am to 12.30pm
- Focus on work life balance
- 30 days holidays per year
- Employer contribution workplace pension
- Free daily lunch
- Staff events
Gus Commercials is one of Northern Ireland’s most reputable independent providers of Commercial Vehicle –Hire, Servicing, Sales, and Parts. GUS Commercials recently became part of the Radius Group and offer a secure and exciting future with increased opportunities across all departments. As maintenance provider for many prominent local companies and with an extensive fleet of own vehicles our workshop is critical to the success of our business. We pay attractive rates to ensure that we can continue to provide our customers with the quality service that they have come to expect.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive and growing business.
- Relevant City & Guilds, BTEC or NVQ Qualifications.
- Minimum 5 Years Commercial Vehicle Experience
- Practical knowledge of modern diagnostic equipment/techniques.
- Current HGV License Cat. C
- Practical knowledge of workshop loading and CDK experience desirable
- To supervise the service and repair of Commercial vehicles to agreed standard.
- To assist in the repair and maintenance of vehicles and diagnostics
- To ensure the efficient daily operation of workshop
Supervise and assist technicians and apprentices ensuring:
- Vehicles worked on are carefully handled and that all reasonable care is taken of the vehicle whilst it is on the premises for repair or service.
- Work is carried out within recommended repair times
- Vehicles are thoroughly examined, and all servicing requirements and associated work noticed whilst working on the vehicle are reported to the Service Manager
- Vehicles are road tested in a safe and professional manner with due regard to speed limits, road law, other road users and pedestrians.
- Use of Special Tools, Specialist Service and Diagnostic Equipment to improve workshop efficiency.
- Use of technical knowledge/skills enabling effective, economic and safe servicing of customer vehicles. .
- Identify training requirements for workshop staff. Participate in the organising and implementation of such training.
- Participate, as required, in any disciplinary procedures that arise with the workshop staff in the carrying out of their duties. These procedures are listed in the Employee Handbook and must always be carried out with the full knowledge and involvement of the Service Manager.
- Achieve agreed levels of Productivity & Efficiency for workshop staff and self. These levels will be agreed and reviewed with the Service Manager.
- Ensure materials, tools and workshop consumables are controlled and used effectively and efficiently to ensure minimum wastage.
- Participate in the Company’s after hours call out service.
- Ensure quality checks are carried out and recorded as per company policy
Ensure company Health and Safety standards are maintained at all times.
If you think we’re a good match for each other, apply online today!
If you’re interested but not sure if you have all the criteria listed... have a chat with us. We are open to applications from varied backgrounds.
Radius is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to welcome people regardless of age, disability, gender identity, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation or socioeconomic background.
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Radius will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by our Talent Team.
Customer Service & Operations
Monday to Friday 07.30am to 17.00pm, with alternate Saturdays currently worked - 8.00am to 12.30pm
- Excellent training and coaching.
- Opportunities for ongoing development and progression.
- Life assurance.
- Service Awards at 5, 10 and 20 years.
- Employee Referral Bonus