Credit Controller - #975606
Brook Street is working with our Belfast client on the Airport Road to recruit a Credit Controller to join their team
The primary purpose of the role is to ensure prudent and necessary business decisions are made in a timely manner to manage the company`s credit risk.
The Credit Controller`s responsibility is to follow department procedures to maximise cash flow. The role requires the ability to identify trends across their given customer portfolio and to act appropriately and decisively.
- Manage assigned customer ledger with care and dedication. Ensuring smooth account management and timely payments within agreed credit terms, by maintaining regular customer contact via telephone and email.
- Efficient management of CRM queues to respond to internal & external queries.
- Monitor bad debt experience accounts on your assigned ledger, identifying accounts that may require additional attention or are at higher risk of bad debt exposure.
- Engage in negotiations and reach agreements on payment plans with customers.
- Issue credit notes & with precision and attention to detail.
- Secure payments by card via telephone, maintaining precision and accuracy throughout the transaction.
- Work with minimum supervision on collection of overdue debts.
- Actively promote a customer-centric approach whenever possible, with particular focus on promoting the benefits of Direct Debits and other internal company things
- Work closely with the sales team to ensure that outstanding debts are collected promptly, and any customer concerns are addressed efficiently.
- Gather all necessary information to assess the creditworthiness of new and existing customers, making informed decisions and credit term recommendations to the team.
- Ensure that our credit management policies are followed diligently, helping to maintain a healthy financial environment for our company.
The ideal candidate :
Will be keen to learn and develop within a progressive Finance Department. A strong demonstrable track record of having operated within the Finance department.
- Minimum of 5 GCSE passes at grades C or higher including English & Math's or equivalent.
- A Certificate in Credit Management or a Degree in Business Administration would be an advantageous, however, we also welcome candidates with equivalent qualifications and a willingness to grow.
- Preferably 2+ years of experience in credit control and debt collection, although a passion for learning and a positive attitude are essential.
- Strong Excel skills and comfortable navigating excel spreadsheets and maintaining databases.
- Experience of Business Central would be an an advantage.
- Exceptional customer service skills on a consistent basis.
- Confident communication and negotiation skills - Must be professionally assertive when required.
- Team player that can equally work independently or collaborate with a team to achieve common goals.
- Proficient in reconciling accounts, meticulously analysing, resolving queries and discrepancies.
- Capable of working in a methodical and structured manner.
Attention to detail, trustworthy and reliable.
Salary will start on £25,000 per year
Working Monday to Friday 09.00am and 17.00pm
Please send CV to Colleen Farquharson via the link