Assistant Lawyer - #975571
Are you an experienced Assistant Solicitor with a meticulous eye for detail and a passion for accuracy? Are you skilled in litigation? Do you want the freedom to manage your own caseload? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you as an Assistant Solicitor with a top UK legal firm looking to grow.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive Market Salary
- Hybrid Working
- Opportunities to grow and develop
- Flexible benefit options to suit you
About your next employer
VANRATH are thrilled to be working alongside a UK national firm with a growing office in Belfast seeking an Assistant Solicitor to join their Practise. As an Assistant Solicitor, you will be responsible for a diverse and complex case load with claims values over 100k. Attention to detail is a must and being comfortable liaising with senior stakeholders both inside and outside the organisation.
What you'll do:
Reporting into the Financial Controller, you will:
- Working with the Lead Lawyer to manage a caseload of complex injury claims including high value multi-track and catastrophic injury claims involving brain injury, spinal cord injury, amputation and fatal claims.
- Communicating with sophisticated insurer clients, dealing with their queries and updating them as the matter progresses.
- Using your existing knowledge of complex injury symptomology to identify relevant issues within medical records in order to instruct medical experts, drawing key issues to their attention.
- Critical analysis of sources of liability evidence and identifying any gaps.
- Proactively identifying next steps required on matter, discussing those aspects with the Lead Lawyer and taking action as agreed.
- Interviewing witnesses and drafting statements.
- Liaising with parties involved in claims including the insured, insurer, witnesses etc.
- Drafting pleadings and applications.
- Instructing counsel and attending consultations, mediations both remotely and in person.
- Attend court in person or by telephone, attend trials, settlement conferences etc as required.
- Delivery of agreed performance targets and quality standards.???????
- Qualified solicitor or proven relevant legal experience is essential.
- Experience of indemnity, liability and quantum essential.
- Experience of cases involving complex medical issues preferred.
- Critical thinking and quantum analysis experience required.
- Good telephone advocacy skills.
- Positive, confident and enthusiastic.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills including the ability to compose professional written communications.