Senior Site Engineer - #974899
Necto Search & Selection Limited
NECTO Selection have been retained to assist an award-winning NI-based main contractor in appointing an experienced Senior Site Engineer to work on a brand-new Industrial project in Belfast.
Our client is a leading NI main contractor with a strong reputation for delivering high-quality projects across a multitude of sectors. This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled Senior Site Engineer looking to advance their career with one of NI’s most reputable firms with no UK travel required.
As a Senior Site Engineer, you will play a crucial role in the successful execution of this project. You will collaborate closely with the project management team, subcontractors, and other stakeholders to ensure that the construction process proceeds efficiently, safely, and follows the project's specifications, schedules, and budget.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Aid in the preparation and examination of project plans, blueprints, and technical specifications to ensure a precise understanding of project requirements.
- Collaborate with the project manager, architects, and other engineering disciplines to guarantee smooth coordination of construction tasks.
- Perform regular on-site inspections to oversee construction progress, assess work quality, and ensure adherence to safety standards.
- Accurately set up and survey the site, ensuring proper alignment and positioning of structures and infrastructure components.
- Supervise and manage subcontractors and on-site labour, offering clear directives and upholding high-quality work standards.
- Monitor and chart project timelines, identifying potential delays and suggesting solutions to maintain the project schedule.
- Maintain meticulous records of construction activities, materials utilization, and completed work for reporting purposes.
- Engage in meetings with project stakeholders to provide updates on construction progress, difficulties encountered, and resolutions.
- Ensure compliance with building codes, regulations, health and safety guidelines, and environmental standards.
- Assist in resolving any technical problems that may arise during construction, closely collaborating with the design team and relevant parties.
- Contribute to the ongoing enhancement of construction methods, processes, and best practices.
- A bachelor's degree in civil engineering, construction management, or another related field.
- Demonstrated experience of at least 4 years as a Site Engineer in a similar sector.
- Prior experience with a main contractor is preferred but not mandatory.
- Robust understanding of construction techniques, materials, and processes.
- Proficiency in the use of construction software and tools, including AutoCAD, construction management software, and surveying equipment.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and the capacity to make sound decisions even in high-pressure situations.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, enabling productive teamwork.
- A keen eye for detail and a steadfast commitment to delivering work of the highest quality.
- Strong organizational and time management capabilities to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Familiarity with health and safety regulations and construction industry best practices.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- All work is NI-based.
- Excellent career growth and professional development opportunities.
- Dynamic and inclusive work environment that values innovation and teamwork.
Apply with your CV today!