Graduate Geo-Environmental Consultant - #974246
Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK
The Geoscience services within RSK Group plc, is one of the UK and Ireland’s largest geotechnical and contaminated land consultancies with ambitious plans for growth in the future. The company now has an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Geo-environmental Consultant/engineer to join the team RSK Ireland in Belfast. Working alongside an experienced team you will get involved with a vast array of projects predominately within the housing, commercial property, energy and manufacturing sector.
The company has a wide portfolio of clients in a number of sectors including marine, industry, energy and property. In addition, the company are particularly proud of the work that they have undertaken in the property sector where over the last 17 years they have undertaken work at various sites across Northern Ireland.
- Managing fieldwork activities and subcontractors on site. Candidate should expect to be on site 3 to 4 days a week (within working hours).
- Intrusive site investigations for contaminated land purposes with soil and rock logging to current standards
- Collection of groundwater and ground gas monitoring data on sites across Northern Ireland.
- Assisting project managers with data input/entry, data management and production of drawings.
- Undertaking Preliminary Risk Assessments / Preliminary site Assessments (Phase 1 Desk Studies) and search of various databases
- Supporting and co-ordinating a variety of projects on site and from the office in Belfast.
- Preparing health and safety documentation, booking subcontractors and scheduling soil and groundwater samples for analytical testing.
- BSc degree level qualified in Geology, Environmental science or related subject.
- MSc in Engineering Geology/Engineering or Contaminated Land related subjects preferable, but not essential.
- Knowledge of Excel to handle data and interpret data.
- QGIS, ARCgis, CAD or similar data management/software knowledge is a significant advantage.
- Previous experience would be an advantage.
- Understanding of laboratory testing and interpreting results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prepared to work as part of a team or as an individual.
- Candidates must be willing to spend a significant amount of their working day out on site, in various environments.
- Full driving licence and access to a car (however we do have a limited number of company vans).
Salary & Benefits:
- £Competitive salary
- Regular training and development routes to chartership
- Life Assurance
- Online GP Service
- Access to an online discount benefits platform
#Geoenvironmental #geology #rskfamily
RSK is a global leader in the delivery of sustainable solutions. Our family of environmental, engineering and technical services businesses works together to provide practical solutions to some of the greatest challenges societies have ever faced. These challenges, and the responses to them, are perhaps best captured by the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals: “a shared blueprint for peace and prosperity for people and the planet, now and into the future”.
We must achieve a truly sustainable future, and to get there, all nations, businesses, organisations and individuals must play a role. RSK is enabling clients around the world to do their bit. We operate in most sectors of the economy, including many of those most critical to future global sustainability, such as water, energy, food and drink, infrastructure, urban development, mining and waste. With our integrated offering across research and development, consultancy and on-the-ground application, we can deliver a complete solution that is unrivalled in the market.
We need an outstanding workforce to help us achieve this. Do you have what it takes?
RSK was founded in 1989 and, now working in more than 40 countries across 6 continents, is a truly global business. We plan to keep growing and are looking for professionals who have the passion, skills, and spirit needed to grow with us.
Since the beginning, our philosophy has remained the same: employ, develop and reward talented individuals. People are at the heart of our business, and we know that our success is founded on the development of our colleagues. At RSK we want you to share in our achievements and we want to support you in achieving your professional goals. RSK prides itself on providing employees with a rewarding and challenging career by encouraging continuing development and enabling people to reach their full potential. Despite our rapid growth, we are determined to maintain the people-centric culture that RSK was built on, fostering entrepreneurialism, and applying a caring and compassionate approach to working together.
Annual Leave Purchase
Cycle to Work Scheme
Discounted Gym Membership