Board & Committee Support Officer - Public Sector - 32k - #974133
VANRATH are delighted to be assisting our client, a large and well-known Public Sector Organisation with the recruitment of a Board & Committee Support Officer to join their team based in Belfast.
This is a Full-Time Monday - Friday position. 37 hours per week. Monday - Friday 9 - 5.
£26,762 - £32,019 per annum, plus benefits.
- To assist the Board and Committees Support Manager to ensure effective meeting management, with all Board Committees being efficiently administered.
- To assist the Board and Committees Support Manager in the delivery of key governance activities such as Board Effectiveness Reviews, Committee Annual Reporting, annual appraisal process for independent members and Committee Self-Effectiveness exercises.
- Ensure that all relevant meetings are minuted, including the drafting of minutes, and to ensure formal records are produced, circulated and published.
- To assist in the development and compiling of reports as required under the direction of the Board and Committees Support Manager.
- To act as Secretary for Committee(s), as necessary, ensuring regular engagement with the Committee Chair, Board and Committee Support Manager and relevant officers, including the preparation and drafting of Committee agendas, and ensuring relevant governance requirements are observed.
- Ensure that documentation going to meetings is of a high standard, is available to members within required timescales, and has been reviewed in advance of publication.
- To prepare appropriate business cases, tenders and quotations, in line with financial and procurement regulations, policies and procedures and corporate timescales.
- To provide a high level of internal and external customer service including taking ownership of customer queries and complaints and following issues through to completion.
- Hold a degree (Level 6*) or equivalent and a minimum of 1 years relevant experience in an administrative role.
- Hold a BTEC Higher Cert/Diploma (Level 5*) qualification in Housing and a minimum of 2 years' relevant experience in an administrative role.
- Can demonstrate at least three years’ experience in an administrative role, and can demonstrate continued professional development including the attainment of relevant learning / qualifications.
- Possess a current driving licence or have access to a form of transport that enables them to meet the requirements of the post in full including with reasonable travel timeframes.
For further information on this opportunity, or any other position in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Conor Birch in the strictest confidence.