Graduate Process Engineer - #973983
Salary: £29,000 + per annum plus Veolia benefits
Location: Belfast, NI
Programme Duration: 2 years
When you see the world as we do, you see the chance to help the world take better care of its resources, and help it become a better place for everyone.
Through our graduate scheme you'll help us to achieve our purpose of Ecological Transformation and build a career we can be proud of. No matter what role you have, when you join us you can play a key role in achieving our vision, and we can make yours happen too.
We know that everyone here at Veolia can help us work alongside our communities, look after the environment in small and big ways, and contribute towards our inclusive culture.
What we can offer you;
- 25 days of annual leave
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, allowing you to reach your full potential
- Access to our company pension scheme
- Discounts on everything from groceries to well known retailers
- One paid days leave every year to volunteer and support your community
- Access to a range of resources to support your physical, mental and financial health; so you can lean on us whenever you need to
- 24-hour access to a virtual GP, 365 days a year, for you and family members in your household
During this programme, you'll gain valuable insight into our services and strategic projects and we'll help you to further develop your skills and knowledge so that you can succeed in your career. You'll also join our graduate network and receive our continued support throughout.
We're strong believers in continuous development here at Veolia and actively encourage and support everyone to keep going after you finish the programme.
What you'll be doing;
- Support Veolia's business activities and develop technical solutions related to the water cycle
- Technology watch on new processes and digitalisation
- Support the delivery of technical expertise to Veolia's water and wastewater portfolio across municipal and industrial sectors with decarbonising in mind
- Implement operational innovation and excellence
- Develop and implement operational efficiency initiatives
- Use modelling tools and process calculations to predict and enhance treatment performance
- Support business cases
What we're looking for;
- Degree level qualification in Engineering, Environmental Sustainability or Sciences (to be achieved by Sept 2024)
- Creative thinking and innovation
- Excellent communication and personal interaction skills
- A keen interest in sustainability, decarbonisation, environmental issues and improvement
- Attention to detail and accuracy must be demonstrated
- Full UK driving licence
Before we can consider your application further, you'll need to complete a couple of short, gamified assessments. If you're successful following this, we'll then invite you to one of our virtual assessment days and a site visit.
Apply today, so we can make a difference for generations to come.
We're proud to be listed in The Sunday Times Best Places to Work 2023, being named as a Top 10 Very Big Organisation and Highly Commended as a workplace for 55+.
This accolade further demonstrates our commitment to our people and our actions in creating an environment where everyone can be their true selves and enjoy working at Veolia.
We want to ensure that you feel supported throughout the application process and provide reasonable adjustments where necessary and requested. If you require any reasonable adjustments as part of your application and interview process please do not hesitate to let us know.
Here at Veolia, we're proud to be known as an equal opportunities employer. We know how important it is to be fully committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive place to work for every one of our colleagues. So no matter their age, gender, gender expression, disability, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexuality or veteran status, every applicant who meets the minimum requirements will be considered fully.