Industrial/Manufacturing Engineer (Supply Chain) - #973773
MCS Group is partnering our highly reputable Retail/Wholesale Client, with the key appointment of an Industrial/Manufacturing Engineer to cover various sites across Ireland from Belfast to Cork.
People are very much at the heart of this business; therefore, their aim is to make it a ‘great place to work’ where you can grow and flourish, daily.
What we have to offer:
Bonus: 5% based on personal performance.
Pension: employee(x1) and employer(x2)
Holidays: 20 days plus 8 stat days
Expenses: Fuel card/expenses paid.
Life insurance 3 times annual base salary
Discount: Discount at the marketplace
Your core responsibilities:
As the successful Industrial/Manufacturing Engineer you will play a key role in optimising warehouse operations across Ireland by enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of their supply chain processes through the application of industrial engineering principles.
- Utilise time and motion studies, data analysis, and observation techniques to gather information and insights.
- Develop and implement productivity targets and performance standards based on industry benchmarks, best practices, and operational requirements.
- Conduct thorough analyses of current supply chain processes to identify areas for improvement in efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and overall performance.
- Collaborate with warehouse management and cross-functional teams to identify and implement process improvements.
- Design and implement changes to work flow, layout, and material handling systems to enhance overall operational effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Establish and monitor key performance indicators (KPI's) to measure and track the performance of warehouse operations.
- Implement Lean and Six Sigma principles to drive and foster a culture of continuous improvement initiatives and operational excellence within the warehouse team.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of process changes, standard operating procedures, and best practices.
- Ideally bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering, or a related field, consideration will also be given to Industrial Engineers qualified by experience.
- Proven experience within a manufacturing or supply chain environment, preferably within warehouse or logistics operations.
- Proficiency in using industrial engineering tools and software.
- Strong knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Highly competent in using data analysis and statistical tools.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and project management skills.
- Full driving licence and access to your own car
What to do next:
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up-to-date CV via the link provided or contact Paul Muir Specialist Consultant at MCS Group
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
Not all agencies are the same…MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google.