vm Specialist - #973541
This is what a career at River Island is like. And this is where yours starts.
What We Are Looking For...
- Drive omni- channel sales and data capture through delivering the best service on the high street
- Increase conversion through customer engagement and spreading the joy of fashion
- Inspire customers using both verbal and visual engagement with the product
- Achieve and enhance brand standards including strong visuals
- Support achieving targets and drive key results through implementing strategic actions
- Use reports to make commercial and financial decisions that will increase profit
- Be aware of cost control, how to drive and protect profit
- Be fully responsible for all areas of retail risk and health & safety
- Coach and develop talent driving succession, creating strong teams
- Support the management team and take accountability in their absence
- Lead a team by motivating and encouraging teamwork to achieve goals
- Manage performance and give in the moment feedback
- Implement and delegate tasks with close follow up, but lead by example with a hands-on approach
- Ability to operate within different roles
- Recognise and adjust to change
- Ability to learn quickly, thoroughly and deliver the detail
- Able to manage challenges and pressure, to adjust quickly to changing circumstances and find solutions supported by management
- Adaptability to variation in work, requiring you to be multi-skilled
- Fast paced and purposeful approach
- Deliver 100% compliance inline to all Company policies and processes
- Implement company decisions and take responsibility
- Seek advice from line Manager /expert and utilise team input when required
- Be well organised and capable of planning efficiently to deliver results
- Previous experience at Floor Manager level or be an experienced Supervisor/ Team Leader looking for your next step up
- You may also be a small Store/Deputy Manager looking to move into a larger turnover environment
- Have a good understanding of the latest trends and our competitors
- Have good leadership skills
- Have experience in VM
- Have experience in analysing reports and making commercial decision
- Be able to work on your own initiative
- Be a great communicator and be able to engage your team
- Be passionate about delivering a world class experience to our customers
- Ability to make decisions, problem solve and take accountability with good planning skills
Discount - Generous 50% staff discount & uniform allowance so you can treat yourself to our latest products!
RI Rewards - Reducing Islanders everyday expenses through discounts, benefits, financial advice, wellbeing solutions and more with Reward Gateway! On top of this you will also be entitled to a generous bonus scheme.
Island culture - Stores fitted with Kindness Cupboards to support Islanders with basic food & hygiene products if needed. We also work closely with the Retail Trust to create dedicated support for all our Islanders!
Family Hub - Every family is unique, we support Islanders with all different family setups enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption & fertility treatment
Giver Island - Give as you earn scheme, a 'Giver Island' day each year and matched funding
Opportunities - Progression focus throughout Retail & Head Office. Support with upskilling skills through on the job training and qualifications
Pension - A contributory private pension scheme
Holiday - 28 days (UK) 30 days (ROI) paid holiday, inclusive of Bank Holidays. Also the option to buy additional holiday for whatever the need!
Keeping You Safe...
At River Island we are committed to the safeguarding of all of our employees regardless of age or job role. We will fulfil our obligation under the Prevent duty which seeks to stop extremism and extremist views from materialising in our business. We promote and encourage the belief in British Values- including democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of different faiths and beliefs. To find out more, please visit www.gov.uk
Every Islander Counts
Our Island is made up of a diverse community, where we all belong and feel part of something bigger. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.