Scientific Officer - #973535
MCS is delighted to be partnering with an exciting public sector organisation who are currently looking to add a Scientific Officer for their Bacteriology Branch to contribute to work on major bacterial pathogens. If you're detail-oriented, have previous lab experience, and hold a valid driving license, this could be the opportunity for you!
- Using a range of equipment and working as part of a team to produce a Central Services Function recycling glassware and producing a wide range of microbiological media to the required standards.
- Laboratory upkeep (which includes waste disposal, monitoring and replenishment of stock items, update of required paperwork and computer records, tidy/cleaning of work area and equipment)
- Possibility of providing holiday cover for another member of staff – this would involve a significant amount of lifting/manual handling as the duties of this post relate specifically to the delivery of items around VSD site, collection sterilisation and disposal of waste.
- Routine checks of equipment, helping to schedule work and monitor throughput, completion of paperwork as required.
- Previous lab experience is a must.
- Valid driving license.
- Preferably experienced in scientific field work.
- Adherence to ISO9001 and ISO17025 standards.
- Comfortable handling infectious materials with proper PPE.
- Based in Bacteriology Branch.
- In-house training provided.
- Starting salary of £21,053.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Jamie Brown, Associate IT Recruitment Consultant at MCS Group on 903.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.