Human Resources Business Partner - #973176
Human Resources Business Partner
To support customers in the delivery of their business objectives by providing professional and timely HR solutions, advice and support for the assigned business areas, with a primary focus on the effective management of grievance, discipline, dignity at work and attendance management cases.
1. To support the HRM/Senior Business Partner (HRM/SHRBP) to deliver an effective and customer orientated HR service to the assigned business functions. Rotation between business areas will be an expectation of the role.
2. To support customers in the delivery of their business objectives by providing professional and timely HR solutions, advice and support for the assigned business areas, with a primary focus on the effective management of grievance, discipline, dignity at work and attendance management cases.
3. To provide proactive specialist HR advice and support to managers within the assigned business areas in the application of core HR policies and procedures, terms and conditions, employment law and HR best practice.
7. To be the HR lead on employment relations activity within the assigned business areas.
8. To provide professional HR advice and support to management at all levels toensure the consistent implementation of the Dignity at Work, Grievance, Performance and Disciplinary policies and procedures.
9. To develop and implement HR solutions through early intervention and prevention through effective engagement and communication, the use of informal resolution, mediation and other solutions, ensuring compliance with policy and that any risks to NIHE are effectively managed.
Attendance Management and Health & Well-Being
14. To be the HR lead on Attendance Management and Health & Well-being activity within the assigned business areas.
15. To provide professional HR advice and support to management at all levels to ensure the consistent implementation of the Attendance Management policy and procedures
16. To provide advice, support and solutions to management in conjunction with the & Well-being team to enable the effective management of short and long- term absence and enable the timely return of staff to work
Experience and Qualifications
Applicants must provide evidence by the closing date for application that they meet the following essential criteria:
1. Post Graduate Diploma in HR Management or equivalent* Level 7 qualification
*Refer to Qualifications Framework for equivalencies
2. Hold current professional membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development at Associate member (Assoc CIPD) or above
Can demonstrate ability to obtain this within 1 year of commencement.
3. Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a Human Resources function providing professional advice and guidance to senior management on complex employee relations matters.
4. Significant relevant HR experience in at least 4 of the following 5 areas:
a. Managing Attendance
b. Managing Grievance and/or Dignity at work cases
c. Managing Disciplinary cases
d. Developing HR Policy & Procedures
e. Delivering HR projects in support of business objectives
5. Fully conversant with employment legislation relating to employee relations.
6. Can demonstrate:
? Excellent planning and organisational skills
? Ability to work accurately under pressure of multiple deadlines
? Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
? Strong customer orientation
? Excellent attention to detail
Candidates may also be assessed against the relevant Senior Leader section of the
NIHE Behavioural Framework.
7. Possess a current driving licence or have access to a form of transport that will permit the candidate to meet the requirements of the post in full.
1. Hold current professional membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development at Chartered Member (MCIPD) or above.
2. Experience in successful dispute resolutions e.g. coaching, mediation.
3. Experience working within local government or the public sector.
4. Experience working with trade unions.
To apply send your cv by 5pm on 7th Feb 2024