Senior HR Advisor - #972856
Senior HR Advisor
£16.12 per hour
Monday to Friday 9-5
To support HR Business Partners to deliver timely HR solutions, advice and support across the Service, with a primary focus on the day to day management and implementation of grievance, discipline, dignity at work and attendance management cases.
1. To support HRBPs to deliver an effective and customer orientated HR service to the business.
2. To support HRBPs to provide professional and timely HR solutions, advice and support across the service, with a primary focus on the day to day management and implementation of grievance, discipline, dignity at work and attendance management cases.
3. To provide proactive specialist HR advice and support to managers in the application of core HR policies and procedures, terms and conditions, employment law and HR best practice.
4. To ensure co-ordination and consistency of advice through regular liaison and exchange of ideas and best practice.
7. To support HRBP’s to deliver all employee relations activities across the service.
8. To provide professional HR advice and support to managers and ensure the consistent implementation of the Dignity at Work, Grievance, Performance and Disciplinary policies and procedures.
9. To support HRBPs to implement HR solutions through early intervention and prevention through effective engagement and communication, the use of informal resolution, mediation and other solutions, ensuring compliance with policy and that any risks to the Housing Executive are effectively managed.
Attendance Management and Health & Well-Being
14. To support HRBP’s on Attendance Management and Health & Well-being activity within the assigned business areas.
15. To provide professional HR advice and support to management at all levels to ensure the consistent implementation of the Attendance Management policy and procedures.
16. To provide advice, support and solutions to management in conjunction with the Health & Well-being team to enable the effective management of short and long- term absence and enable the timely return of employees to work.
Experience and Qualifications
Applicants must provide evidence by the closing date for application that they meet the following essential criteria:
1. Degree level qualification (Level 6*) in Human Resource Management
Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a Human Resources function to include providing professional advice and guidance to managers on employee relations matters.
Level 5* qualification in Human Resources
Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a Human Resources function to include providing professional advice and guidance to managers on employee relations matters.
*Refer to Qualifications Framework for equivalencies
2. Hold current professional membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development at Associate member (Assoc CIPD) or above
Can demonstrate ability to obtain this within 1 year of commencement.
3. Significant relevant HR experience in at least 4 of the following 5 areas:
a. Managing Attendance
b. Managing Grievance and/or Dignity at work cases
c. Managing Disciplinary cases
d. Developing HR Policy & Procedures
e. Delivering HR projects in support of business objectives
4. Demonstrate a sound understanding of current employment legislation relating to employee relations.
5. Can demonstrate:
? Excellent planning and organisational skills
? Ability to work accurately under pressure of multiple deadlines
? Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
? Strong customer orientation
? Excellent attention to detail
Candidates may also be assessed against the relevant Senior Leader section of the NIHE Behavioural Framework.
6. Possess a full current UK driving licence or have access to a form of transport that will permit the candidate to meet the requirements of the post in full. Desirable
1. Experience of working within local government or the public sector.
2. Experience working with trade unions.
To apply send your cv via link to Hollie