Research Fellow - School of Social Sciences, Education and Social Work - #972034
QUEENS UNIVERSITY BELFAST
Application closing date: 19/02/2024
Salary: £37,841 - £41,331 per annum
Job category/type: Research
The School of Social Sciences, Education and Social Work (SSESW) at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Research Fellow.
You will be an active member of the School of Social Sciences Education and Social Work (SSESW) and the suite of Action Research projects funded by the Executive Programme on Tackling Paramilitarism and Organised Crime (EPPOC).
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate that you meet the following criteria:
- An upper second-class honours degree (or equivalent) or a Masters degree in Criminology or Social Science.
- Have or be about to obtain a PhD in a relevant subject.
- Substantial relevant experience of working in partnership with statutory agencies (e.g., police, probation, education) within a research environment.
- Substantial relevant experience of undertaking research activity with vulnerable and high-risk children and young people.
- Substantial relevant quantitative research experience working on a project that relates to youth violence, community violence, conflict and/or paramilitarism.
- Experience in survey design, collating survey data, and conducting advanced quantitative data analysis, using SPSS and/or Stata.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria, please click on the Candidate Information link below.
This post is available on a fixed term contract for 12 months, or available until 31 March 2025, whichever is sooner. Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and International Staff Network) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/
Informal enquiries may be directed to Dr Colm Walsh via **********@qub.ac.uk
About the School
Attractive Reward Package
Information for International Applicants