Events Co-Ordinator - #970070
An opportunity for an experienced Events Coordinator to join a leading organisation based in Belfast.
This is a Full-Time, permanent position.
Working Hours: 9am-5.30pm (will be required to work outside of these hours as workload dictates. Where possible time in lieu will be offered but not guaranteed)
With a salary from £24,000 (dependant on experience)
You will be responsible for supporting the directors, event managers and office manager in the planning and delivery of events, and to provide administrative support to the directors, event managers and freelance associates, both in the office and at events.
- Previous Events Coordinator experience.
- IT and computer literate.
- Demonstrable experience of planning and the delivery of events.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal – with the ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills.
- Ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Ability to manage and prioritise a busy workload.
- Maintain event diary and job records system.
- Maintain the general event diary for the team.
- Maintain filing system and file all correspondence - Creating a job file for each individual event which should include any information relating to that project from initial brief though to conclusion.
- Assist directors/event managers with the maintenance/filing of financial and procurement records relating to all events.
- Support directors/event managers in ad hoc activities including but not limited to meeting set-up, client liaison and freelance recruitment.
- Preparation and coordination of all event administration (name badges, delegate packs, registration lists, stationery boxes and event box).
- Carry out venue searches and supplier bookings as required.
- Work as a team member to prepare and maintain client materials for meetings or events.
- Take minutes of meetings (as required).
- Record all event responses (RSVPs), and update databases on a daily basis to include any special needs, requests, workshops, payments and so forth.
- Conduct follow up calls with potential delegates/exhibitors (as necessary).
- Proof and correct materials (as necessary).
- Setting up and managing registration at events.
- Handling delegate and speaker enquires/monitoring timings/directing delegates to appropriate rooms.
- Liaising with venues regarding catering/timings.
- Collating and issuing delegates materials and gifts.
- Issuing and collecting event evaluation materials.
- Fulfill ad hoc requests/tasks stemming from the event – as directed by client or event director /manager (i.e. assisting with sightseeing of travel plans, checking flight information, booking flights, ordering couriers /taxi and so forth).
- Maintain computer and hard copy filing.
- File samples (as necessary).
- Maintain an inventory of office supplies and stationery, and replenish as necessary, in consultation with office manager.
- Monitor and record the use of supplies and equipment incurred on client projects for onward invoicing.
- Confidential and safe disposal of client materials (as specified by directors/event managers).
- Ensure any messages/memos are relayed to appropriate person (both staff members and freelancers).General office tasks such as collecting mail, milk, delivery of mail post office/ post box, tidying office post event.