Intern- Global Fulfilment - Sustainability - #968305
Ciena is committed to our people-first philosophy. Our teams enjoy a culture focused on prioritizing a personalized and flexible work environment that empowers an individual’s passions, growth, wellbeing and belonging. We’re a technology company that leads with our humanity—driving our business priorities alongside meaningful social, community, and societal impact.
We’re excited to be offering a yearlong Internship position in our Supply Chain Sustainability Team.
Prepare to be part of a small team committed to shaping a greener future, where your contributions matter and your skills evolve.
As we develop our plan to achieving our approved Science Based Targets (SBTs), you will be involved in innovative and inspiring projects that focus on measuring and reducing our carbon footprint, data analysis and process improvement encompassing all areas of the Ciena Supply Chain. You will need great communication skills, experience in the use of MS Office and a general interest in sustainability.
The internship promises not an overview, but a comprehensive learning experience across Supply Chain and sustainability initiatives.
- Role is for 10-12 months
- Flexible work schedule
- Currently enrolled in graduate program in Computer Information Systems / Business & IT.
- Exceptional oral and written capabilities.
- Good command of Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Skilled in creating relationships with others within a multi-national company.
- Ability to work effectively in cross functional teams in a global company.
- Self-starter, proven ability to work unsupervised to meet project deliverables. Inquisitive and prepared to research through documentation.
- Attention to detail essential.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Good communications skills, including working with global teams.
At Ciena, we are committed to building and fostering an environment in which our employees feel respected, valued, and heard. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination.
Ciena is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise Ciena of any accommodation measures you may require.