Automation Engineer - #968304
Willcox Matthews Ltd
Job Title: Automation Engineer
Benefits: Company Vehicle, Private medical insurance, Sick pay and matching pension.
Job Type: Permanent
Job Start date: ASAP
Shift Pattern: 08.30 – 16.30 Monday – Friday
We’re supporting our client, a leading engineering company based in Belfast, Northern Ireland, who are looking for a Automation Engineer to join their growing team. The successful Automation Engineer will have experience of HMI and SCADA Systems, alongside PLC Programming abilities.
Position Overview: As a Automation Engineer, you'll be vital part in an exceptional service offering a range of specialist engineering applications and solutions across the UK and Ireland. Your primary focus will be providing technical support for maintenance and operations, alongside the installation and commissioning on customer sites when required.
Responsibilities for Automation Engineer:
- Provide technical support for operations and maintenance teams, assisting in diagnosing and resolving control-related issues.
- Design, develop, and implement Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) control systems for industrial processes and complete to approved Functional Design Specification, inputting as necessary.
- Develop intuitive and user-friendly Human-Machine Interface (HMI) applications to provide operators with real-time process information and control capabilities.
- Design and configure Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems to monitor, control, and visualise complex industrial processes.
- Programming and Fault Finding: Write, test, and debug programs to ensure accurate and reliable operation of control systems.
- Collaborate with Electrical Engineers and Technicians to design and optimise electrical control panels. Participate in the design, assembly, wiring, and installation of control panels, to include onsite control panel modifications and potential fault diagnosis as required.
- Interpret electrical drawings and schematics to understand and troubleshoot control panel layouts and connections.
- Configuration & testing of control panels prior to Factory Acceptance Testing, inputting as required.
- Configure and troubleshoot industrial communication protocols such as implementing protocols to facilitate communication between PLCs, HMIs, SCADA systems, and other automation components.
- Installation and configuration of all onsite Instrumentation and Calibration requirements.
- Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining control systems and automation solutions in an industrial environment.
- Proficiency in programming and configuring PLCs and SCADA systems with added experience in fault finding.
- Strong understanding of Industrial Communication Protocols and HMI design principles.
- Experience with wiring and installation of control panels in addition to fault finding.
- Ability to understand electrical drawings and schematics.
- Extensive experience in industrial instrumentation along with calibration and servicing experience.
If you would like to be considered for the role of Automation Engineer, please apply with your full CV - or call us now. Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with a member of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you.
Willcox Matthews Recruitment Ltd acts an employment business for permanent and contract roles. By completing the application process, you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy Notice and that Willcox Matthews Ltd may contact you in connection with your application in relation to Willcox Matthews providing you with work-finding services. Our Privacy Notice can be viewed under the privacy tab on our website.
We take your application seriously and we make every effort to respond to all applicants.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK