Communications and Digital Content Officer - #968303
MCS Group is proud to be partnering with the Northern Ireland Assembly in their search for a Deputy Communications and Digital Content Officer for 3 months.
As a key member of the Comms team, your duties will include:
- Responding to and managing media enquiries in a timely and professional manner with the aim of safeguarding the reputation of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
- Create engaging written and digital content about the work of and activities of the Northern Ireland Assembly for a wide range of platforms and audiences.
- Promote and explain the working of Assembly Statutory, Standing and Ad-hoc Committees, the Speaker’s Office and the Assembly Commission to stakeholder audiences.
- Identify and develop communications opportunities to promote the work of Committees and their role in public engagement.
- Create Media and Communications plans in relation to Assembly initiatives and events.
- Drafting content to prepare the Speaker, Committee Chairs and senior staff for media opportunities e.g. lines-to-take, briefing notes, interview notes etc.
- Advising the Speaker, Committee Chairs, and business areas on communications objectives in support of the Corporate Communications Strategy.
- Using digital analysis tools to track, measure and evaluate communications activities and reporting on successes and learnings.
- Representing the Assembly at internal meetings and representing the Communications Office on Assembly-wide working groups.
- Monitoring coverage of the Assembly in the media and digital outlets providing insight and summaries to Senior Managers.
- Developing concepts and writing specifications to inform creative agencies providing advice and support to the Assembly Commission. (e.g. photography, design and branding).
- Complying with all of the Assembly Commission’s staff policies and procedures including Equal Opportunities and Dignity at Work policies and procedures and all mandatory training requirements.
- Managing information and records in accordance with established policies and statutory requirements.
As the successful candidate, you will meet the following criteria:
- A degree in a related subject such as Journalism, Media Studies, Public Relations, communications OR a Professional Skill related Diploma and membership of a professional body such as the Institute of Public Relations.
- At least 2 years’ experience in the areas specified at (a) – (c) below ;
- Two A Levels (grade A* to C) including English and at least 4 years’ experience in the areas specified at (a) – (c) below:
- Working in a Communications Office or public relations environment dealing with media relations and answering media inquiries.
- The planning and implementation of social media campaigns to support corporate messaging.
- Publishing and creation of written and digital materials for online and social media platforms.
As the successful applicant, you will receive the following:
- £41,020 per annum
- Excellent annual leave allowance
- Hybrid working arrangement
- You will be joining a warm, friendly team environment
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up-to-date CV via the link provided or contact Adam Stinson (4) at MCS Group
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs