Bartender/ Floor Staff - #966687
Happy Jobs NI
We're looking for a Bartender/ Floor Staff to work for our client.
HappyJobsNI is exclusively working alongside Shandon Park Golf Club to recruit a Bartender to join the team.
Established in 1926, a private members' Golf Club, located in East Belfast. Consistently regarded as having the best parkland greens in Northern Ireland, the course combines a tough championship layout with some beautifully sculptured holes, great views of the city, and challenging greens.
Shandon Park Golf Club provides their members, guests and visitors with a quality golfing experience within a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. They do this with a team of professional, highly motivated and trained staff and volunteers. They constantly strive to exceed the expectations of their members, guests, visitors and employees in all areas of their operations.
If you can demonstrate experience of working within a busy bar environment then you could be perfect for our client and we'd love to see your CV.
Please note: This is a permanent position, offering approximately 3 - 4 shifts per week and the post holder will be expected to work as business needs dictate including nights, weekends, and bank holidays. Shandon Park do however recognise the need for a healthy work-life balance. There are rarely late nights, and you can expect to finish around 11.30pm at the weekend and 10.30pm during the week. During the golfing season they have an active social calendar with many fun events for our members and so a flexible approach to being able to work at these events is a requirement.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the efficient running of the drink & food service operations within the Golf Club. This position is ideally suited to a bartender (with at least one year of experience) with some food knowledge.
Assist in creating a warm and welcoming environment for our members and guests.
- Meet, greet, and serve members and their guests in a polite, friendly, speedy, and professional manner.
- Change kegs, take in deliveries and restock the bar
- Serve behind the bar and take food and beverage orders on the floor when required
- Ensure efficient and safe delivery of all food and beverage orders.
- Set up, clear, and promptly clean tables after use.
- Ensure the restaurant and bar areas are clean and well presented at all times.
- Assist in the set up and preparation, and provide service duties for functions as required.
- Minimum 1-year full time working or 2 years part time working in a similar environment
- Experience of working with an EPOS till system with accurate and efficient cash handling skills
- High standard of personal presentation
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate (desirable)
Salary From £10.42* per hour (NMW equivalent based on age) + Potential for tips
- 28 days holiday increasing with service (includes bank and public holidays)
- Complimentary staff lunch or dinner (one meal per day) is available for all staff working over 6 hours
- Focus on Work Life Balance
- Company Events
- Annual Staff Party
- Double time for any hours worked on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day
Think that this Bartender role is the perfect job for you? Then we'd love to hear from you.
Click the 'Apply Now' button, send us your CV and we'll consider you for the first round of interviews.
You could be right for this Bartender position if you've previously worked as any of the following: Food and Beverage Assistant, Server, Waiter, Bar Staff, Hospitality Assistant or as a Catering Assistant.