Deputy Communications and Digital Content Officer - #965310
We are seeking to recruit a Deputy Communications and Digital Content Officer on behalf of the NI Assembly, Stormont, Belfast.
Job Title: Deputy Communications and Digital Content Officer
Closing date: 2pm on Friday 9th February 2024
Duration: ASAP for 3 months
Main duties and responsibilities of the role are:
· Responding to and managing media enquiries in a timely and professional manner with the aim of safeguarding the reputation of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
· Create engaging written and digital content about the work of and activities of the Northern Ireland Assembly for a wide range of platforms and audiences.
· Promote and explain the working of Assembly Statutory, Standing and Ad-hoc Committees, the Speaker’s Office and the Assembly Commission to stakeholder audiences.
· Identify and develop communications opportunities to promote the work of Committees and their role in public engagement.
· Create Media and Communications plans in relation to Assembly initiatives and events.
· Drafting content to prepare the Speaker, Committee Chairs and senior staff for media opportunities e.g. lines-to-take, briefing notes, interview notes etc.
· Advising the Speaker, Committee Chairs, and business areas on communications objectives in support of the Corporate Communications Strategy.
· Using digital analysis tools to track, measure and evaluate communications activities and reporting on successes and learnings.
· Representing the Assembly at internal meetings and representing the Communications Office on Assembly-wide working groups.
· Monitoring coverage of the Assembly in the media and digital outlets providing insight and summaries to Senior Managers.
· Developing concepts and writing specifications to inform creative agencies providing advice and support to the Assembly Commission. (e.g. photography, design and branding).
· Complying with all of the Assembly Commission’s staff policies and procedures including Equal Opportunities and Dignity at Work policies and procedures and all mandatory training requirements.
· Managing information and records in accordance with established policies and statutory requirements.
Applicants must, by the closing date:
1) A degree in a related subject such as Journalism, Media
Studies, Public Relations, communications OR a
Professional Skill related Diploma and membership of a
professional body such as the Institute of Public Relations.
2) At least 2 years’ experience in the areas specified at (a) – (c) below ;
3) Two A Levels (grade A* to C) including English and at least 4 years’ experience in the areas specified at (a) – (c) below:
(a) Working in a Communications Office or public relations environment dealing with media relations and answering media inquiries.
(b) The planning and implementation of social media campaigns to support corporate messaging.
(c) Publishing and creation of written and digital materials for online and social media platforms.
You must also include a bullet pointed synopsis at the top of your CV demonstrating how exactly you meet the Essential Criteria.
Please email your CV in Microsoft word format to Caroline Parker by clicking on the link before 2pm on Friday 9th February 2024
Applicants must ensure their CV is accurate and up to date. The CV should include your full employment history inclusive of dates, all academic achievements and full personal contact details. Please note only applicants that match this criteria can be considered for the role.
Apple Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Apple Recruitment Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer.