Despatch Pool Operative Days - Belfast - #964319
Welcome to Hovis. We are the proud guardians of over 130 years of baking experience that make up our iconic and much-loved brand. We produce bread and bakery products created with Hovis goodness at the heart of each. We deliver millions of loaves weekly throughout the UK and Ireland, where we also make Mothers Pride and Ormo products.
We are 2,800 people working within 8 bakeries, 1 flour mill, and 2 regional distribution centres across the UK. Our success is a result of the hard work of our people; they are experts in their field whether it’s baking, manufacturing, logistics, engineering, or the many departments within the central functions team based in our head office in High Wycombe. We are a values-led business and expect our colleagues to live, breathe, and embed Quality, Accountability, and Trust into their ways of working.
We have an exciting opportunity with potential for growth and progression at our Belfast Site. Despatch Pool operative Days. We are looking for people who are ambitious and willing to progress through the company when the opportunity arises.
Despatch Pool Operatives - working average 42 hours per week - hours of working are 7am-7pm
KEY PURPOSE AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- To ensure continuous and efficient running of the warehouse operation
- Comply with the company and legal standards (safety, hygiene and environment)
- Be active in the teams delivery of quality, value, safety, hygiene, environment and customer service
- To be part of a despatch dayshift pool team .
- Always comply with all applicable corporate and legal standards (personal safety, transport safety, food safety, quality, hygiene and environment)
- Work efficiently and effectively with colleagues to ensure the team delivers their output targets versus plan on a shift basis
- Load and unload vehicles in a timely manner
- Decant bread as required for the operation
- Tranship product as required
- Spread goods for customer deliveries
- Pull completed orders to bays for radial despatch and clear lines in the bakery
- Adhere to clean as you go policy
- Finds ways of continually improving their own performance
- Makes and follows through suggestions for improvement
- Comply with all the company H&S policies, procedures and guidelines
Ideal Experiences / Qualifications / Capabilities:
- Relevant industry experience
- Good numeracy and literacy
- Knowledge and experience of short shelf life products and daily delivery operations
- Be adaptable, flexible and demonstrate a willingness to accept changes in operational requirements at short notice
- Be ambitious and willing to progress through the company when the opportunity arises.
Candidate must have the right to work in the UK with out the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
This is a Days role with work hours between 7am and 7pm
Salary for this role is £31,066.00
Why work for us and our benefits:
At Hovis, we understand the importance of looking after our colleagues, so we provide a variety of benefits in addition to their salaries. The benefits we provide at Hovis are as varied as the people who receive them but they are offered with the intention of creating value to them personally over and above their salaries
There is a range of colleague benefits available, which individuals can select based on their needs.
Our benefits scheme is called Hovis Choice, which offers a variety of savings and cashback offers on day to day living and much more including eyecare vouchers, and a healthcare scheme to suit everyone. It also includes our Cycle to Work scheme where you can obtain a brand new bike at a significant saving
We offer competitive annual leave entitlement and flexibility where possible in order to create a healthy work-life balance
We celebrate loyalty with our generous long service and colleague recognition schemes
We offer three levels of pensions
Hovis values diversity and is committed to promoting equal opportunities in the workplace. Every job applicant, employee or worker will be treated fairly and equally with dignity and respect regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, social class, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religious belief, union membership, political opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic.