Data Product Owner - #964318
Data Product Owner
Job Req ID: 29058
Posting Date: 30 Jan 2024
Function: Data & AI
Riverside Tower, Belfast (N.I), United Kingdom
Salary: Competitive with great benefits
Why this role matters
BT Networks owns the end-to-end delivery and operations of market leading premium products and services.
We’re responsible for:
• running the mobile network for more than 30 million customers
• building products and services used by more than 10 million broadband, voice and global IP communication customers
• switching 95 per cent of the UK broadcast content from the BT Tower, London.
The NAS data helps BT make better decisions. You will own the roadmap for the data products and services that your squad delivers to help BT make data informed decisions.
The data products you deliver will be used right across the business – to support the live monitoring of our network, to guide the development of the services and products we provide to our customers, and to improve the day to day experience our customers receive to support their service.
You'll have the following responsibilities
• Work alongside the Principal Product Owner resolving the trade-offs and bridging the gap between customer, business and tech considerations.
• Accountable for the vision and prioritisation of a squad in Data Enablement team
• Facilitate the ceremonies such as sprint planning & refinement to reaffirm priorities and clarify requirements
• Support the squad to remove roadblocks that prevent delivery of business value.
• Actively seek opportunities for you and your team to collaborate with and learn from other employees in our organization through internal networks, events and communities of practice.
• Work alongside Principal PO to track and support improvement of Data team success measures, EPS, NPS, ROI & prioritise based on benefit
• Work with CFU stakeholders and other teams to realise benefits for our customers and BT
• You’ll develop a deep understanding of our data using analytics techniques to research new product opportunities with our data and ways to improve our existing products
• You’ll work closely with our data engineering, data science teams to maximise value for customers
• You’ll use visualisation and story telling to bring our data to life & break down complex insights into meaningful interventions
You'll have the following skills and experience
• Change adopter: ability to identify business outcomes, manage dependencies and deliver change in complex environments.
• Stakeholder management: ability to manage and influence stakeholders with competing priorities.
• Business and technology expertise: defined by the project scope, allowing the Product Owner to make decisions on priorities and trade-offs.
• Empathy for the customer: uses customer feedback and data to understand and define problems, and tests potential solutions.
• Proven ability and experience to guide and coach incremental product development. We’re a changing organisation and some of products and features are delivered through various methodologies including waterfall, you will help bridge the gap to support an agile team.
• Transformation leadership, understand how we can take BAU project and programme demand into data products that are extensible and re-usable.
• Proven ability and experience to guide and coach incremental product development [MANDATORY]
• Transformation leadership [MANDATORY]
• Creating innovative data products [PREFERRED]
• Leadership and coaching [MANDATORY]
• Stakeholder management [MANDATORY]
• Previous experience in Data related field; data engineering, architecture, analytics or science
• Competitive salary
• 10% on target bonus
• BT Pension scheme, minimum 5% Employee contribution, BT contribution 10%
• 25 days annual leave (not including bank holidays), increasing with service
• Huge range of flexible benefits including cycle to work, healthcare, season ticket loan
• World-class training and development opportunities
• Option to join BT Shares Saving schemes.
• Discounted broadband, mobile and TV packages
• Access to 100’s of retail discounts including the BT shop
Our leadership standards
Leading inclusively and Safely
I inspire and build trust through self-awareness, honesty and integrity.
I take the right decisions that benefit the broader organisation.
Delivering for the customer
I execute brilliantly on clear priorities that add value to our customers and the wider business.
I demonstrate strong commercial focus, bringing an external perspective to decision-making.
Looking to the future:
I experiment and identify opportunities for growth for both myself and the organisation.
Building for the future
I build diverse future-ready teams where all individuals can be at their best.
BT is part of BT Group, along with EE, Openreach, and Plusnet.
Millions of people rely on us every day to help them live their lives, power their businesses, and keep their public services running. We connect friends to family, clients to colleagues, people to possibilities. We keep the wheels of business spinning, and the emergency services responding.
We value diversity and celebrate difference. As Philip Jansen, our CEO, says ‘We embed diversity and inclusion into everything that we do. It’s fundamental to our purpose: we connect for good.’
We all stick to the same values: Personal, Simple, and Brilliant. From day one, you’ll get stuck in to tough challenges, pitch in with ideas, make things happen. But you won’t be alone: we’ll be there with help and support, learning and development.
This is your chance to make a real difference to the world: to be part of the digital transformation of countless lives and businesses. Grab it.
A FEW POINTS TO NOTE:
Although these roles are listed as full-time, if you’re a job share partnership, work reduced hours, or any other way of working flexibly, please still get in touch.
DON'T MEET EVERY SINGLE REQUIREMENT?
Studies have shown that women and people who are disabled, LGBTQ+, neurodiverse or from ethnic minority backgrounds are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification and criteria. We're committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace where everyone can be their best, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every requirement on the Job Description, please apply anyway - you may just be the right candidate for this or other roles in our wider team.