Research Fellow in Computational Biology - #964013
Queen's University Belfast
30th January 2024
12th February 2024
The School of Biological Sciences at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Research Fellow.
The postholder will be an active member of the research project/team assisting in the development of research proposals and the planning and delivery of the research activity within a specified area so that the overall research objectives of the project/school are met.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate that you meet the following criteria:
- Have or about to obtain a PhD in a relevant area such as computational biology, bioinformatics, or microbiology, with a focus on computational analyses.
- Significant relevant research experience.
- Experience in the development of computational pipelines or databases for metataxonomic, metagenomic or metatranscriptomic data or large-scale microbial genomes analysis.
- Experience of high-throughput middleware/pipeline design for biological analysis.
- Experience in the use of statistical methods for data analysis.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria, please visit our website.
This post is available on a fixed term contract for 2 years, or available until 30/09/2026, whichever is sooner. Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and International Staff Network) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
To apply and view more information please visit our website.