Large Corporate Tax, Manager - #963547
Our teams' curious minds and collaborative spirit enables us to work together, helping clients navigate the ever changing tax landscape. As part of the team you'll be actively encouraged to consult, to share specialist knowledge and new ideas as we continue to innovate to deliver best in class service. Collaboration with other areas of the business also enables us to work holistically with clients to find solutions to achieve their plans.
We support flexible working at PwC and encourage those looking for a part time position or flexible hours to apply for this role.
We are looking to recruit a Manager based in our Belfast office with significant and varied experience of advising both locally and internationally owned businesses, including private equity portfolio companies on a broad range of complex matters.
- This is a key role in a growing team, working closely with experienced Partners and Directors and having responsibility to develop new client relationships, identifying and pursuing new opportunities from within our market.
- You will be responsible for a diverse portfolio of client engagements, including both locally and internationally owned businesses, private equity portfolio companies and family offices and business owners.
- As a Manager with a corporate tax focus you will be encouraged to work on a variety of clients and lead projects across a number of areas, introducing the relevant specialists as appropriate.
- You will develop market leading relationships with both our interesting clients (including many well-known household names) and internal stakeholders, collaborating across the firm when developing client relationships or delivering complex projects.
- As a Manager, you will maintain an expert level of relevant tax knowledge, remain up to date with technical developments including changes in tax law and legislation, such that you can advise clients and internal stakeholders on the latest tax technical issues, including delivering sessions at client / knowledge events.
- Your role includes supervising, coaching and providing regular feedback to Senior Associates and Associates within the team while also keeping more senior stakeholders updated on progress.
The successful candidate will possess initiative, drive and the proven ability to work with and help lead a growing team, with the personal skills to maintain deep, trusted long-term relationships with our clients and contacts in the market. The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Relevant and up-to-date UK tax knowledge - varied experience of more complex tax issues facing both locally and internationally owned businesses and private equity portfolio companies.
- Strong project management skills - ability to manage several demanding client projects while remaining resilient and planning workload for self and others.
- Excellent communication skills - the candidate will be expected to be the point of contact on complex client engagements in their portfolio while supporting a range of stakeholders including client contacts and PwC staff.
- Excellent written communication - providing thorough and robust review of all written deliverables, including reports, technical memos and other concise advice for clients.
- Coaching and delegation - the successful candidate will help other Managers in the team coach, develop and delegate to a team of associates and senior associates, helping them grow their tax technical expertise alongside their client management skills.
- Efficient use of technology - in managing client and contact relationships, pursuing opportunities and overseeing the delivery of analysis and written deliverables.
- Evidence of contributing to business development activity and winning new client work
- ACA and/or CTA qualified with at least 2 years post qualification experience.
- We welcome part time workers to apply for this position.