Accountant - #962887
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Northern Ireland
Working Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary - £41,020 (+ 4,550 salary supplement p.a. )
Accountable to - Senior Accountant.
Accountable for - A small team of staff which may include Clerical Supervisors and Clerical Officers
Hays are working with this government body seeking a qualified Accountant to join their team. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, with the flexibility of hybrid working. The accountant will have responsibility for several key functions within the Finance Office, including the supervision of a small team of bookkeeping staff and accounting staff.
• Supporting the Senior Finance Office Management Team in the effective management of the Finance Office and maintaining a positive working environment.
• Managing a team of staff to plan, organise, co-ordinate and monitor the provision of efficient and effective Financial Services to the Assembly Commission, managers, staff, members and parties.
• Preparing monthly prepayment and accrual journals.
• Assisting either of the Senior Accountants with producing monthly general ledger control account reconciliations.
Have successfully passed the final professional examinations and be a full, current member of one of the following professional bodies:
Chartered Accountants Ireland, ICAS, ICAEW, CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA, CPA Ireland
Have at least a total of 2 years post qualification** practical experience, gained within the last 7 years, in one or more of the following areas:
• Financial planning and budgeting; OR
• Financial Management / Management Accounting; OR
• Financial Accounting/Auditing; OR
• Development/ Implementation of Financial Systems; OR
• Strategic planning and decision support in a finance or regulatory environment.
Hybrid working model allowing for a balance of office and remote work.
Opportunity to work in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
Accessible from public transport
If you are a qualified accountant looking for a challenging role in a prestigious organization, we would love to hear from you. Apply today to join their team!