Senior Naval Architect - #962767
Hernshead Recruitment Ltd
About the role:
The Senior Naval Architect will deliver hull internal structure and foils CAD modelling, perform stability reports, and feed simulation and design tools departments with necessary information. The role will also monitor weights estimates and deliver manufacturing deliverables to the manufacturing department and external suppliers, in the form of 2D drawings, 3D models and assembly manuals.
Fuelled by cutting edge ideas, innovation, and technology, it is ultimately the hard-working team who drive all the success. People who are the best at what they do, and driven by a shared goal, to help change the world for the better and they want you to join the team!
- Working with the ATL design team, contribute to the Naval Architecture of the eFoiler vessels.
- 3D modelling of Artemis eFoiler (vessels and appendages).
- Hydrostatic stability calculations.
- 2D drafting of production deliverables for manufacturing (vessels and appendages)
- Weight and inertia estimates.
- Assist Head of Naval Architecture with time keeping of design loops and production drawings
- Coordinate and collaborate with our technical partners to deliver the eFoiler structural engineering.
- Collaborate with manufacturing and vessel departments to deliver manufacturing deliverables.
- Work closely with the rest of the engineering team to ensure the full eFoiler package is of the highest standard.
- Support the vessel’s development programs where required.
- Ensure that the eFoiler vessels meet the appropriate regulations where relevant.
- Attend team and 1-1 meetings and fulfil reporting requirements as required by ATL
- Ensure compliance with ATL policies and procedures.
- Contribute to shaping a culture that reflects their Values and Guiding Principles and enables the company to achieve its goals.
Key Skills Required:
- 3D CAD software for hull and foils design (Solidworks, Catia, Siemens NX or similar)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Scripting/Coding skills a plus (design tools automation)
- Knowledge in Naval Architecture and foiling/floating vessel dynamics
- Experience with composite and metal construction of hulls/appendages.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Stakeholder Pension
- Perks discount card.
- Death-in-service cover.
- Employer Assistance Programme.
- 25 days holiday plus 10 public /bank holidays.