Applications Engineer - #962715
Role: Applications Engineer
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK
Excellent Pay and Benefits!
Qualitrol employees enjoy Competitive Salaries, great Healthcare benefits, Pension Plan with company contributions, generous Holiday/Sickness plans, Life Insurance and more. We are a family friendly workplace and provide enhanced Paternity pay, Adoption leave, Parental leave, Flexible Working Hours, and some remote, work from home opportunities.
You will love working with colleagues who have a genuine desire to innovate and seek out complicated problems. We believe in absolute inclusion and diversity. Qualitrol associates enjoy the autonomy, breadth of responsibility, and creativity that are typical in a medium-sized company, while sharing resources, standard methodologies, and growth opportunities that are found in a Fortune 500 company like Fortive.
As an Applications Engineer with the Asset Protection product line, you will be exposed to many facets of the business. From collaborating with customers on technical requirements, to working with our Sales Representatives to present the technical side of our products to customers. You'll work with the Quality and Engineering departments to ensure our products meet client specifications and ensure our Quality standards. The exposure provided opens many growth opportunities. We seek continuous improvement for our Customers our Products our Processes and Ourselves. Great opportunity to join a dynamic, diverse, driven, engineering team with a growth mindset!
Here’s where you’ll demonstrate your proficiencies:
- Provide customer technical assistance for product questions and problems from the point of quotation request through post shipment and installation
- Research and identify product solutions. Initiate New Product models and derivatives to meet agreed upon customer needs
- Support manufacturing by answering technical questions as required and trouble-shooting order related problems
- Analyze product failures and customer concerns. Assist in customer quality concerns. Generate reports and CQC’s as required
- Provide Internal Training on Qualitrol Products
- Project management of customer issues from occurrence to resolution
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- BS degree (or equivalent) Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field is required. Additional work experience in lieu of a degree may be considered
- 2+ years of experience in an Engineering role
- Software and Hardware implementation and solving sophisticated technical issues
- Excellent verbal and writing skills with a strong customer service focus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge in telecom techniques for remote device monitoring: TCP/IP, modem protocols, serial links etc. (preferred)
- Ability to create and deliver presentations as needed.
Preferred Skills: (only 1-2 bullets if applicable)
- Oracle and Salesforce experience
- Knowledge of electric power transmission and distribution
QUALITROL manufactures monitoring and protection devices for high value electrical assets and OEM manufacturing companies. Established in 1945, QUALITROL produces thousands of different types of products on demand and customized to meet our individual customers’ needs. We are the largest and most trusted global leader for partial discharge monitoring, asset protection equipment and information products across power generation, transmission, and distribution. At Qualitrol, we are redefining condition-based monitoring.