Senior Category Manager - #962498
Wilde Recruitment Ltd
Job Title: Principal Category Manager
As a Principal Category Manager at you will play a pivotal role in driving, implementing, and executing Category Management, Strategic Sourcing, and Supplier Relationship Management for a diverse and complex group of categories. Your primary objective will be to leverage and secure the AWE supplier base, supporting both current and future business requirements while effectively mitigating risks. The role encompasses overseeing end-to-end category performance and managing multimillion-pound Procurements.
Category Strategy Development:
- Develop, implement, and drive the Category Strategy for a complex group of categories.
- Balance short and long-term objectives aligned with business strategy, stakeholder needs, and market dynamics.
- Achieve business efficiencies and savings in compliance with the Code of Conduct and Code of Business Ethics.
Strategic Sourcing Process Oversight:
- Oversee the execution of end-to-end strategic sourcing processes for complex and high-value Procurements.
- Anticipate business requirements and needs while ensuring compliance with ethical standards.
- Drive adherence to regulations and standards during the sourcing process.
Supplier Relationship Management:
- Manage relationships with key suppliers impacting AWE business.
- Mitigate risks, monitor performance, and extract maximum value from the supplier base.
- Develop and sign off Supplier Strategies to minimise risk and maximise value.
Sourcing Business Partner:
- Act as a Sourcing Business Partner for specific business areas or Pillars.
- Be accountable for sourcing contributions, including efficiencies and risk mitigation.
- Represent Supply Chain Management in Stakeholder organisations, meeting expectations.
Proactive Stakeholder Engagement:
- Utilise category expertise and market insights to propose alternative or innovative 3rd party solutions.
- Anticipate issues before they arise and present solutions to senior and executive-level stakeholders.
Team Development and Performance:
- Develop the Category Team and foster a high-performance culture.
- Ensure competence development within the team, manage performance against clear goals, and motivate the team to support Supply Chain Management transformation.
Supply Chain Management Transformation:
- Continuously focus on team performance to delight stakeholders and improve Supply Chain Management's profile as a "Trusted Advisor" to the business.
- Actively contribute to the ongoing transformation of Supply Chain Management.
Collaboration and Support:
- Support and provide input to the Process and Performance team as appropriate.
- Interface with the Service Centre, contributing to the development and enhancement of services.
Qualifications and Skills:
Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
Proven experience in Category Management, Strategic Sourcing, and Supplier Relationship Management.
Strong leadership, strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills.
Excellent communication and negotiation abilities.
Familiarity with relevant industry regulations and standards.