Administrator - #961679
Job Title: Administrator
Location: Boucher Crescent
Salary: Scale 4, £11.38
Duration: Temporary, with possible extension
Hours: Mon-Fri, 9AM-5PM, 37.5 hrs
- To provide a modern, efficient, professional, and customer-focused administrative service to all functions within the relevant Area Command as well as to other internal and external customers.
- To prepare and collate relevant information, letters, memos, statistics, reports and other documents for management, committees or working groups as required, including for board reports, annual reports, statutory returns, and information relating to budgets.
- To design, create and maintain databases, spreadsheets, and other documents.
- To assist in monitoring and reviewing of administrative systems and processes, identifying areas for improvement, and implementing change in line with organisational policies and procedures.
- To set up and maintain suitable physical and electronic records and filing systems, which will include handling sensitive information and disciplinary records.
- To provide all administrative support for meetings, as required, including preparation for the meeting, taking minutes and any follow up administrative tasks.
- To provide a high level of internal and external customer service including taking ownership of customer queries and complaints and following issues through to completion. Dealing with internal and external customers of NIFRS either face to face or by telephone and email, including reception duties as required.
- Administration of specific processes, as required, for the respective directorates/functions e.g. Transformation, Planning & Governance, Service Delivery, Service Support, Finance and HR.
- Issuing and reconciling petty cash, as required, including completing necessary paperwork and forwarding to accounts in accordance with financial regulations and governance.
- To attend meetings and participate in training relevant to the work of the Administrative function.
- To provide information as requested to facilitate the preparation of responses to complaints, Freedom of Information requests, Data Protection requests, and Ministerial, Parliamentary or NI Assembly questions.
- Fully contribute to the performance of the administrative functions to ensure key performance indicators for the functions are achieved.
- To work collaboratively with all NIFRS personnel and stakeholders to ensure collaborative, consistent methods of working and continuity in business support and to provide cover when required, in other geographical locations within the relevant Area Command.
- Possess at least 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above, or equivalent, to include English and Maths,
- Have at least two years’ experience of working in a demanding office environment, carrying out a range of business support tasks including scheduling and administrative support for meetings.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft applications, to include, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
a) effective planning, organisation, prioritising skills and attention to detail;
b) the ability to work individually and as part of a team;
c) effective communication skills (both oral and written);
d) an ability to produce timely and accurate information; e) a customer service orientation.
If you would like to be considered for this role or find out more, please email me your CV now by clicking on the link and I will be in touch. All details are treated in the strictest confidence.
If this role isn't quite right for you but you would like to look for a new opportunity, please get in contact with us.
Applicants must ensure their CV is accurate and up to date. The CV should include your full employment history inclusive of dates, all academic achievements and full personal contact details.
Apple Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Apple Recruitment Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer.