Senior Consultant Ecologist - #961264
RSK Ireland part of RSK Group, are recruiting for a tenacious and passionate Senior Ecologist to join our growing ecology team. This role is permanent full-time position. This role will be a hybrid role, with the flexibility to work between home site/office. We are looking for an ambitious candidate who has a passion for their discipline and is seeking to develop a career within a dynamic and rewarding business.
As a Senior Ecologist at RSK Ireland you can expect to get involved with the delivery of elements of field surveys, assessment, tender and report writing and project management, on various Ireland wide and local projects.
Locations: Belfast, Dublin or Cork Offices offering Hybrid working
- A Senior Consultant is responsible for managing and overseeing medium/large projects and tenders from inception to finalisation.
- Managing project finance, resource allocation, managing sub-contractors, risk and quality assurance, ensuring timely delivery and effective communication, and seeking and responding to client feedback.
- Good working knowledge and experience of ecology, legislation, and survey techniques, including protected species surveys and mitigation.
- Strong ability to scope survey requirements and design, co-ordinating and undertaking fieldwork for ecological impact assessments and protected species surveys, including; preliminary ecological appraisal, EcIA, AA/HRA and biodiversity management plans.
- Excellent written communication skills and be able to produce accurate technical reports to a professional standard.
- Writing of high-quality data analysis and technical reports i.e. Preliminary Ecological Appraisals, Biodiversity Chapters, Ecological Impact Assessments, and protected species reports.
- Technical review of ecological reports prepared by colleagues.
- Assisting with business development by assisting with quotation preparation and ensuring good client relationships.
- Working alone and with our existing ecologists in the wider region to ensure quality projects are delivered on time to our clients.
- Talking to our clients and providing solid technical advice.
- Completing fieldwork, including out-of-hours surveys, travelling and working away from home as required.
- Ensuring good communication and collaboration within ecology team, including; liaising with senior ecologists, and mentoring of junior team members.
- Project specific desk-top research and keeping self and other team members up-to-date with relevant industry guidelines and emerging science.
- Acting at all times with professional integrity, and exercising sound professional judgement within, and recognising the limits of, own competence.
Person Specification (essential)
- A degree in relevant discipline or vocation qualification.
- Several years plus specific relevant experience or proven, previous experience in a similar role
- A full UK/Irish driving licence with access to your own vehicle.
- Abide by CIEEM’s Code of Professional Conduct.
- Membership of CIEEM – level commensurate with experience.
- Desire and ability to work well within a team, and mentor junior colleagues.
- A pro-active attitude to managing your own time, finding solutions and ensuring that work is delivered on time and to the required standards.
Personal specification (desirable)
- Bat survey experience in range of survey types. Familiar with sound analysis equipment and night vision aids, sound analysis programs, data and reports.
- Strong botanical skills.
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to produce accurate technical reports (e.g. species-specific survey reports, EcIAs, Biodiversity Chapters, HRAs, protected species licenses etc.).
- Experience as an Ecological Clerk of Works.
- Experience of developing ecological/biodiversity enhancement plans.
- Experience of personal species-specific licences (i.e. bats, newts and/or badger).
Salary and Benefits
- £31,000 - £42,000 / €36,000 - €48,700 DOE
- Company paid life assurance
- Contributed pension scheme
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- Regular career training and development
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, health cash plan and discounted gym membership
#Ecology #SeniorEcologist #Environmentalconsultant