Administration Officer (Grade 3) - #600152
Queen's University Belfast
Date: 2 weeks ago
Salary: £20,761 - £22,662 / year
Contract type: Full time
Work schedule: Full day
Application closing date
£20,761 - £22,662 per annum.
Administration Officer (Grade 3)
Do you want to work in an inclusive, vibrant and welcoming environment?
Do you have 1 years’ experience within administration support?
If this sounds like you, we may have the perfect opportunity for you, whether you are an experienced administration professional, or an individual interested in taking the next step within their career pathway. We are currently recruiting for a number of Administration Officers. You will provide administrative support within a specific area contributing to the wider success of Queen’s
Working at Queen’s is a unique opportunity, we employ over 4,500 staff and have a student population in excess of 24,000. Queen’s is ranked 198 in the World University Rankings (2023) and our academics are at the forefront of international research. Our success is down to our people and regardless of your role, we are all working towards making Queen’s a better place to study and work
As an Administration Officer you can work right across the University. We will help align your skills to a suitable area within Queen’s
At Queen’s we are committed to offering flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
Please note that the University has an ongoing requirement for Administration Officers to support professional services in Schools and Departments across the organisation and maintains a register of suitable applicants for 12 months to fill vacancies as and when they arise throughout the University
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- A minimum of five GCSEs at Grade C or above (or equivalent) to include English Language and Mathematics or NVQ Level 2 Administration or equivalent.
- A minimum of one years’ (demonstrable) relevant work experience in an administrative environment to include evidence of the following:
- Comprehensive IT literacy and up to date knowledge of relevant computer packages and information systems including Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint;
- Experience of dealing with email and internet in the workplace according to corporate guidelines;
- Producing general correspondence;
- Experience of providing clerical/secretarial assistance in line with organisational procedures; and
- Experience in a role which involved customer service.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria, click on the 'Candidate Information' link below.
Please note there may be full & part time, permanent & fixed term roles available. Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Race) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/
Informal enquires may be directed to Resourcing Team, Queen's University Belfast via email at [email protected]
Attractive reward package
About the Boarding Scheme
Further information for international applicants