Head of Technical Assurance - #562164
Job title:Head of Technical Assurance
The Head of Technical Assurance & Service Improvement is responsible for the compliance of Capita's IT infrastructure, management of 3rd party vendor support contracts and associated costs, forecasting capacity, risk management, audit compliance, process engineering & enhancement and licensing assurance across the platforms.
Additionally the role holder will support the Director of Cloud & Hosting and the wider Cloud & Hosting teams in improving service delivery with the aim of exceeding client SLA performance.
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the delivery of technical governance for services provided to all Capita clients hosted on-prem , Azure and distributed infrastructure, with a focus on exceeding customer expectations.
- Primary escalation point for Cloud and Hosting service related issues and driving service improvement remedial initiatives
- Promotes simplification & standardisation to enable a robust service delivery and ease of onboarding of additional workloads.
- Manage the asset lifecycle of the infrastructure, planning future investment required to maintain compliance of the infrastructure including;
- Managing the renewal of all 3rd party contracts, identifying risks and cost saving opportunities against forecast
- Managing risks and issues arising across the platforms, providing proactive recommendations to avoid compliance issues relating to end of life as well as removing unnecessary costs.
- Responsible for sharing future roadmaps and changes to the infrastructure with our clients via Service Excellence and Strategy Teams.
- Support finance with monthly billing process and queries.
- Provide strong technical advocacy and direction with a strong collaborative approach promoting best practices across the new Capita TSS organisation to ensure successful delivery.
- Drives and measures continual service improvement across the Cloud & Hosting teams.
- Constant scrutiny across the hardware and software estates looking for cost efficiencies
- Constant scrutiny across the software estate making sure Capita IT are license compliant
- Owns assurance activities to ensure our hardware & software estates are recorded in Capita's CMDB
- Owns assurance activities to guarantee inventory accuracy across the Cloud & Hosting estate
- Identifies and contributes towards process & procedural evolution and enhancement
- Design authority for process engineering and enhancement across the Cloud & Hosting teams
- Oversees Cloud & Hosting’s risk profile and ensures the various head of departments are keeping their risk entry’s up to date
- Will help provide governance & steer across the Cloud & Hosting teams to ensure we are meeting our compliance obligations. E.g. PCI compliance
About Capita Technology and Software Solutions
Capita Technology and Software Solutions (TSS) is a 5000 people strong global shared service, responsible for delivering innovation and digital transformation for Capita’s colleagues, businesses and clients.
We design, build and run the right technical competencies and partnerships to enable Capita to deliver seamless public and customer services – from working collaboratively with Capita’s businesses to shape the right technology and software solutions to take to market, to ensuring colleagues have access to resilient, predictable IT services and support, that enables them to work effectively and securely.
TSS is right at the heart of Capita, as we work to create a technology-led organisation. You’ll be part of a Capita-wide network of 55,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines, sectors and countries. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you .
What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We’re an equal opportunity and Disability Confident employer, which means we recruit and develop people based on their merit and passion. We’re committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and working environment for everyone. If you need the job description or application form in an alternative format (such as large print or audio), or if you’d like to discuss other changes or support you might need going forward, please email Iqbal at [email protected] or call 07784 237318 and we’ll get back to you. For more information about equal opportunities and process adjustments, please visit the Capita Careers website.
Location:Belfast- Hillview House