Loss Adjuster - Home Claims - #562161
Loss Adjuster - Home Claims
Locations covered: Northern Ireland
Hours – Full time – 35 hours a week – Monday/Friday
The role will be eligible for the RSA Car Ownership Scheme.
Due to the nature of the role regular travel will be required to various sites, therefore you will need to hold a full UK Driving licence
Here at RSA Insurance, one of the largest and longest-standing home insurers in the UK, we have announced a significant expansion of our Home Claims team, amounting to a multi-million pound investment and over 50 new roles.
Our Home Claims department is a crucial part of our business, and we take pride in helping our customers get back on their feet when they experience loss or damage to their home or belongings.
Through this role, you will be a part of RSA’s tight-knit claims team, working towards supporting our customers in their time of need.
This move will enhance our service for those who make this type of claim, striving to offer an industry-leading claims experience through reducing the caseloads and the amount of travel time for our PMA's. Quality is at the heart of our service.
As a Loss Adjuster you will be responsible for managing your own portfolio of Home Insurance claims from instruction to completion.
This role requires you to visit homes and sites to assess the claim and define the project plan effectively.
You will project manage claims, keeping customers fully informed of progress through the key claim milestones, working closely with our network of recommended suppliers to ensure claims progress quickly and efficiently.
The portfolio of cases will generally be more complex household claims typically between the values of £15,000 - £100,000. You will work within a team of Loss Adjusters, led by a Business Unit Leader and supported by a Technical Expert for your team.
This role requires you to have strong communication, negotiation and organisational skills, as well as a determined and focused desire for our customer.
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Undertaking visits at the customers’ homes to determine insurance liability, assess potential loss, scope buildings damage, recovery options and reserving requirements in line with established best practice, standards, procedures and guidance provided.
- Delivering great customer service is key for this role and providing assurance to our customers with a defined and clear process throughout.
- Defining project plans to manage the claim to completion whilst liaising with appropriate suppliers in relation to building repairs, field services and/or surveyors.
- Tracking of your claims with effective diary management to enable proactive project management of the claims is essential.
- Working closely with our technical team to continuously improve best practice and generate process improvements
What’s in it for you
It’s a great role with some rather smart benefits, as at RSA we don’t just do more for our customers. We pride ourselves in looking after our people too.
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Performance related bonus payments equivalent of up to 7% of your annual salary
- 25 days’ holiday + 8 days bank holidays plus the opportunity to buy more or sell back to increase pay
- Employer Pension contribution of 9% with a further maximum match of 2% to give up to 11%
- Life Assurance 10 times base salary
- Access to our We Care service providing support services including 24/7 access to UK GP
- You’ll also have access to a range of benefits to suit your personal circumstances and lifestyle including discounted gym membership, private medical insurance, retail vouchers plus many more.
A welcoming, diverse and inclusive culture is an important element for RSA in our best-in-class ambition. RSA thrives when everyone feels comfortable bringing their best self to work.
We have a diverse mix of customers and we want our employee base to reflect that. We celebrate difference, whilst striving to create an environment where colleagues feel respected and valued for their unique potential. Our commitment to diversity is sincere, continually growing and led right from the top.
RSA takes pride in being accessible to all. We welcome applications regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, race, marital status, ethnic origin, religion, or social class.
We encourage inclusive environments where our people can always give and show the very best of themselves and harness the power of our diversity.
If you require flexibility in when, where or how you work, we’d love to hear from you. We also want to ensure that you are supported throughout the application process to enable you to be at your best. If you require adjustments during your application process, please flag this on your application form.
Be honest, open and fair. Set high standards. Stand up for what is right.
Be kind. See diversity as a strength. Be inclusive and collaborate
Listen to our customers. Make it easy, find solutions. Deliver second-to-none experiences.
Act with discipline and drive to outperform. Embrace change, improve every day. Celebrate success yet remain humble.
Help others. Protect the environment. Make our communities more resilient.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company car
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: On the road