Field Visiting Officer (Company car included) - #562084
- Salary - £23,680 pa basic + uncapped commission scheme (average of £5,856
- Business mileage allowance of 45p per mile
- 36.5 Hours per week – flexible with the potential of 4-day week
- Permanent contract
- 100% remote working
This is a perfect opportunity for a confident, communicative, active individual looking to kickstart their career or try something new.
Job title:Field Visiting Officer (Company car included)
As a Field Sales Representative , you will visit customers currently without a TV licence at addresses throughout Belfast, BT postcode areas helping them firstly understand and comply with the legislation behind the TV licence, explaining how they can obtain one, and enabling them to find a payment plan that works for them.
Along with permanent contract and a starting salary of £22,340, you will also be eligible for an uncapped commission scheme offering an annual average of £5,856 in additional earnings (taking the salary to an average of £28,200 pa uncapped). In addition, an annual business mileage allowance of 45p per mile on the first 10,000 miles travelled paid from and to your home address.
You’ll be working a 36.5 hour week on a flexible shift pattern , with 16 hours to be completed between 4pm-9pm Monday-Friday or anytime at weekend, with a potential of a four-day working week in either a part-time or full-time capacity.
Experience in a similar role isn’t essential, though previous experience working in a field-based role is desirable. You’ll receive four weeks of training at the start and work with a training officer on the road until you’re comfortable with the role. With support from your manager, you’ll have the chance to grow your skills and progress your career, whether that’s into a management role or within the wider business .
- Conduct door to door visits to properties where no TV licence is registered .
- Listen to customer reasoning for not having a licence and make an informed decision on next steps .
- Accurately record visit details and complete daily timesheets via the handheld device .
- Explain and sell the benefits of all licence payment schemes .
- Take and accurately record payment details .
- Attend court when required to give evidence in prosecution cases .
- Carry out work and attend meetings as directed by the Visiting Manager .
- Maintain an effective deterrent against evasion of the TV licence .
- T aking Records of Interview under caution .
- Update and improve the TV licensing database .
What you’ll need to bring:
- It’s essential that you have a full UK Driving Licence and with at least a year of driving experience.
- You’ll need to be physically mobile, as you’ll be visiting multiple locations on a daily basis.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an excellent standard of both verbal and written English.
- Similar previous experience is not essential - we have colleagues who excel from a diverse range of backgrounds, whether that’s customer service, retail, sales, ex-Armed Forces or security, however, there is one thing in common – excellent communication skills.
About Capita Experience
This division combines expertise from our former divisions — including Customer Management, People Solutions, Software, Consulting and Scaling Partner — into one new division. Our focus is on serving a blue-chip client base in the UK and across Europe, with the aim of growing within these markets and expanding to new markets. Our primary focus is helping clients digitise their interactions with customers, members, and other stakeholders, and move towards an integrated data-driven, insight-led and personalised customer experience. This is a fantastic opportunity for Capita given our long-standing client relationships and deep CX expertise across multiple locations. Currently Capita holds market-leading positions in the UK and Ireland, with solid footholds in Germany and Switzerland. Our ambition is to expand globally and be recognised as a provider of best-in-class digitally led CX services.
What’s in it for you?
An opportunity to develop new skills and confidence in a role that keeps you active, supported by a network of colleagues working to keep the community connected to their favourite live programmes.
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 28) with the opportunity to buy extra leave.
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice.
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave…and plenty more.
- As part of our safeguarding commitment, we’ll provide a range of safe working measures including the provision of body worn video cameras for all colleagues.
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel, and technology.
- Access to up to £500 of your salary before payday each month, as well as budgeting and savings features to support your financial wellbeing.
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform.
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We’re an equal opportunity and Disability Confident employer, which means we recruit and develop people based on their merit and passion. We’re committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and working environment for everyone. If you need the job description or application form in an alternative format (such as large print or audio), or if you’d like to discuss other changes or support you might need going forward, please email Iqbal at [email protected] or call 07784 237318 and we’ll get back to you. For more information about equal opportunities and process adjustments, please visit the Capita Careers website.
Time Type:Full time