Administrator - #562078
The Salvation Army
Location: Thorndale Lifehouse, Belfast
Working hours: 35 hours per week
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Thorndale Family Centre has 38 self-contained Family Units across two programmes of care, with a maximum capacity of 125 person. We are looking for an Administrator to join our team, who will deliver high quality administrative support to the Management and wider team, to support the vulnerable individuals we work with.
- Understand and work within the Mission and Values of The Salvation Army acting in a professional and ethical way at all times when representing the organisation.
- Ensure all relevant documentation relating to employee wages issues are completed and forwarded to the appropriate departments
- Complete all necessary statistical returns as required
- Supervise all handling of cash for banking and petty cash and ensure all accounting records are properly maintained in accordance with recognised procedures
- Ensure all relevant benefits are being received for clients and available grants for the Lifehouse
- Work as part of overall service team to ensure the most effective use of financial and other resources
The successful candidate(s) will be able to demonstrate:
- Fantastic IT skills; specifically experience with MS Word and Excel.
- A willingness to learn and a commitment to professional development.
- Flexibility, this role involves picking up new admin tasks and adapting approaches.
- Knowledge of the support needs of homeless and vulnerable clients (desirable).
- Ability to work closely with colleagues, external agencies, and management
In order to complete your application please download and read the job profile attachment on the left.
In the job profile you will find the criteria required for the role please make sure that you address this in your supporting statement.
Appointment subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK, Access NI.
As a disability confident scheme employer, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
CVs will not be accepted. Promoting equality in the workplace.