Inbound Enquiry Centre Advisors - #459757
Capita Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
Discover better with a career at Capita
We’re helping people unlock their value and potential, giving them access to a huge range of unique and diverse opportunities, which offer real career progression.
This is our purpose and it defines our very existence. We provide an inclusive and diverse environment for our people to thrive, develop and realise their true potential. Whoever you are and whatever your background, we want you to be yourself.
Our commitment to finding better solutions for our clients has seen us become one of the UK’s leading providers of consulting, digital services and software.
Our purpose is your purpose and, together, we can drive real change. You’ll have the opportunity to work on, and make meaningful contributions to, a range of exciting and diverse projects. It’s time to discover where you fit in.
We're proud to work with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) and Department for Communities (DfC) for the provision of the Personal Independence Payment (PIP) Assessment Service.
PIP replaced Disability Living Allowance for working age customers from 16-64. Capita pride themselves on delivering the entire PIP process to the highest standards.
Salary: starting at £19,371 (non-sales environment, taking inbound service calls)
You will be based at your UK home address with an assigned office at Beacon House, Clarendon Dock, Belfast which you will attend as agreed with your manager
37.5 hrs per week, Monday to Friday between 8.00 am and 8.00 pm
The decision to pay all UK Capita employees a minimum of the Real Living Wage is the latest in a series of recent initiatives through which Capita has demonstrated its commitment to purpose-led, responsible business.
We are now looking for Inbound Enquiry Centre Advisors to join our expanding customer service team on a full time, permanent basis in Belfast.
The role involves providing a high quality advice service by telephone to new and existing claimants of Personal Independence Payment (PIP) who are looking to place a new claim for PIP or are already receiving the Disability Living Allowance (DLA) and are at the point of renewing their benefit. Our customer service teams are responsible for resolving both simple and complex issues for a whole range of customers as well as completing back office administrative tasks.
It is anticipated that the Enquiry Centre Advisor will spend 90% of their time carrying out call centre activities and 10% of their time in development activities. These percentages may vary if business or operational priorities change.
- Answering calls from claimants/appointees and dealing with queries such as appointment bookings, in a professional and effective manner, ensuring appropriate management of call lengths and call quality;
- Accurate data inputting with attention to detail for completion of back office administrative tasks;
- Any other duties that may be deemed necessary by the business to ensure successful deliver of the PIP assessment service.
- Good listening skills – able to understand customer problems and give clear and concise explanations;
- The ability to work well within a team and demonstrate flexibility to meet the needs and expectations of the team/business;
- The ability to take ownership of issues, resolving wherever possible at the initial stage of the enquiry;
- Polite and professional telephone manner, showing respect and empathy to callers;
- Genuine enthusiasm for customer service;
- Good time management;
- High attention to detail and accurate data inputting;
- Ability to work a range of shift patterns during contact centre opening hours;
- Be adaptable to change in a constantly shifting environment.
Our training programme starts in July 2022, for two weeks, so you will need to be able to commit to this.
All offers will be subject to satisfactory completion of Baseline Personnel Security Standard vetting, which includes a basic criminality check.
- Starting salary £19,371
- Discretionary quarterly performance bonus;
- 31 days paid holiday (23 days annual leave plus 8 statutory holidays) with the option to purchase additional holidays;
- Opportunities to progress and develop a rewarding career with a FTSE 100 company (over 70% of our managers are home-grown);
- company matched pension (we will contribute up to 5% of your salary), life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more;
- voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology;
- the opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice;
- access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform;
- employee assistance programme – 24/7 support and advice on personal or work matters;
- Picturesque, waterside location with staff canteen;
We’re an equal opportunity and Disability Confident employer, which means we recruit and develop people based on their merit and passion. We’re committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and working environment for everyone. If you need the job description or application form in an alternative format (such as large print or audio), or if you’d like to discuss other changes or support you might need going forward, please email [email protected] and we’ll get back to you. For more information about equal opportunities and process adjustments, please visit the Capita Careers website.